GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone recall the link for the company that makes mounting brackets that attach to areas like the dash panels and the vents. I have done a number of searches and haven't been able to relocate a very good source that I saw a few days back for the Acadia. Someone posted recently (may have been on bluetooth) and had a two part system where you but the attachment part by vehicle (Acadia, etc) and the a custom mount to go to the attachment for the device (Garmin, Motorola etc). I've been through a number of sub forums and can't locate the post. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont know either, but if you do find one, please be sure to post it, interested in mounts as well for the GPS and Sat Radios.
Thanks
C

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
RAM mounts are also excellent. They are a bit more robust and a very flexible system. I have mounts on my car, boat and motorcycle and use my GPS on all three. They have systems for phones, pda's, gps, laptops, cameras, etc and the parts are all interchangable.

http://www.ram-mount.com/

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you want a cup holder mount, I created one for $0.59.

A 2" Schedule 40 PVC coupling from Home Depot fits the cup holder perfectly - at least in my Outlook which seems to be exactly the same as the Acadia. My Garmin Nuvi 260 came with a dashboard disk, so I attached that to the coupling with some two sided tape since the tape on the back of the disk was just a little smaller than the inside diameter of the coupling. It sits almost perfectly flush with the top of the console. On the suction cup mount the Nuvi is the perfect height for me to see over the gear shift and right at your fingertips. It still gets a strong signal even though it is not on the windshield - which I hate.

I plug the power into the outlet on the back of the center console since the Garmin adapter is a bit bulky. The power cord runs between the console and the passenger seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts