GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing Motor Trend online, and I noticed that for their SUV of the year, they didn't test the Outlook or Acadia, only the Enclave. Then they picked the Mazda CX-9. What's up with that? The Outlook and Acadia should have been tested too.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Maybe they realize that they are the same platform. When I looked at the Acadia on the Consumer Reports website, and dug into their "road test", the model that they said they tested was an Outlook. So CR tested an Outlook and then did the write up against the Acadia with that data. Perhaps this is a normal thing.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think the Acadia would be a better match for the Mazda in the sense of a direct comparison, but I didn't read the article so I don't know what they were actually looking for.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If I remember correctly MT will only test on design if multiple vehicles us the same platform. Just like last year or the year before when they tested Chevy trucks and not GMC. I understand their reasoning for picking only one design but I don't know how they pick the vehicle.

·
Registered
275 Posts
They only compare models that have had a signifigant refresh, or are all new. The Acadia and Outlook are neither for 2008.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
eztarget - is that a joke? ;) First, GM has nothing to do with who MT chooses for their cars of the year awards. Secondly, Enclave surpassed the Outlook in sales and is the fastest growing lambda in terms of month to month sales growth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts