GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends who own Yukons/Tahoes/Expeditions/Sequoias/Armadas (all vehicles we considered along the way) don’t believe me when I tell them the Acadia pretty much is neck and neck or has them beat on usable interior volume for storage and leg room for 3rd row passengers. (Not counting XL or EL models.) I am listing 3rd row leg room, Space behind 3rd Row all seats up, space behind second row, 3rd row folded, height and length. 2nd row legroom is a given that it is pretty decent in all vehicles. These are the numbers that mean something to me. I will throw in an Odyssey just because it is still on our (really, my husband’s) radar. All are in inches or cubic feet. In italics is the vehicle that "wins" the category. Either is the most leg room, most volume or shortest height or shortest length. My personal take aways? Expedition's 3rd row leg room is very generous compared to it's competitors. Sequoia has a surprising amount of cargo volume behind the 3rd row seats - all others are neck and neck. Neither Yukon or Armada wins a single category. Acadia is best 3 out of 5 categories. If space and size are of the utmost importance, an Odyssey is the obvious winner.

These are my important numbers. These will impact the way we use a new car day to day. Some, it is horse power or torque or MPG or wheelbase. I read another post about curb weight and so obviously others value that number. As long as my car weighs more than I do, we are in good shape! ;)

3rd Row Legroom Behind 3rd row cargo behind 2nd row cargo Overall height Overall length
Expedition 37.70 in 18.60 cu ft 55.00 cu ft 77.20 in 206.50 in
Sequoia 29.80 in 26.60 cu ft 65.30 cu ft 73.00 in 203.90 in
Yukon 25.60 in 16.90 cu ft 60.30 cu ft 76.90 in 202.00 in
Armada 32.20 in 20.00 cu ft 56.70 cu ft 78.00 in 207.70 in
Acadia 33.20 in 19.70 cu ft 68.90 cu ft 69.90 in 200.70 in

Odyssey 41.10 in 38.40 cu ft 91.10 cu ft 68.80 in 201.00 in

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: More numbers for you - 3rd row leg room, cargo volume compared to other SUV'

Hey, I am a girl. I am happy that my second pregnancy I did not surpass my husband's weight, or at least, was about even. First pregnancy, well, that's another story entirely. I beat him by 20 lbs! So, curb weight really means nothing to me!

I just really got to thinking about all the numbers and had to get them side by side as friends gave me a side-ways look when I said it was just about the same size as their big truck. They don't believe me, saying "oh, I saw one of those in the parking lot - it looked really small!"

·
Registered
956 Posts
The Acadia is very roomy, but in my opinion is a little to heavy. I think a curb weight around 4200 pounds would be great. Better mileage and more power.

So you're saying your husband doesn't weigh very much? :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: More numbers for you - 3rd row leg room, cargo volume compared to other SUV'

Do I need to post more numbers?!?!? I am 5'3" and he is 5'11". That's all you are getting out of me...but the 20 lbs he has gained since we got married 10 years ago was a good thing! ;) Oh, my girls are 37" and 43" tall.

And there was another thread about curb weight today already. I would have no idea what one would take off or remove or modify in the design for a lighter curb weight. Stuff just weighs what it weighs I guess.

·
Registered
180 Posts
For it's weight and interior volume, I find my Acadia very light on it's feet. I like sporty cars, and for the comfort and room, I don't think you can go wrong with the Lamdas. I won't dwell on weight, but at 6' and 200#, it's extremely comfortable. Erik

1 - 6 of 6 Posts