Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next to dirty Tahoe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Were those car seats ordered through GMC? They look nice in the Acadia. I had to do a double take to detirmine what color interior you had!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mckcab said:
Were those car seats ordered through GMC? They look nice in the Acadia. I had to do a double take to detirmine what color interior you had!
I'm assuming you are referring to the child seats??? They were not ordered through GMC (I didn't know you could do that!) They are same old car seats we've had for years. They matched really well with my black/tan Tahoe.

My interior is ebony leather.

Mel

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
They look great in your new Acadia! Congrats!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice Ride SteveMel. What do you think about the size difference between the tahoe and Acadia? Does the Acadia seem smaller?

I am trading in my tahoe for an Acadia and I have been curious to know if I will feel like I have gotten a much smaller vehicle. I realize the outer diminsions are similar, I just wonder about head, shoulder and leg room.

What do you think when you compare the two?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BigGuy said:
Nice Ride SteveMel. What do you think about the size difference between the tahoe and Acadia? Does the Acadia seem smaller?

I am trading in my tahoe for an Acadia and I have been curious to know if I will feel like I have gotten a much smaller vehicle. I realize the outer diminsions are similar, I just wonder about head, shoulder and leg room.

I've only had it since Monday but the Acadia does seem smaller. We are going out tonight so I'll finally be able to see how it feels to ride on the passenger side. It is definitely not as wide on the inside even though the outer dimensions are similar. I have the 2nd row bench and I can barely fit between the 2 car seats and I had no problem doing that in the Tahoe. I do like the smartslide system. I can push the 2nd row all the way back and there is plenty of room for the kids to climb in and out.

I haven't really paid attention to head/leg room. I'm only 5 feet tall so that is usually not an issue for me! My husband is 6' 1" so I'll probe him tonight to see how roomy he thinks it is.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stevemel said:
BigGuy said:

I've only had it since Monday but the Acadia does seem smaller. We are going out tonight so I'll finally be able to see how it feels to ride on the passenger side. It is definitely not as wide on the inside even though the outer dimensions are similar. I have the 2nd row bench and I can barely fit between the 2 car seats and I had no problem doing that in the Tahoe. I do like the smartslide system. I can push the 2nd row all the way back and there is plenty of room for the kids to climb in and out.

I haven't really paid attention to head/leg room. I'm only 5 feet tall so that is usually not an issue for me! My husband is 6' 1" so I'll probe him tonight to see how roomy he thinks it is.
My 6'1" husband thought there was plenty of room on the driver's side. He said he was comfortable.

I got to thinking about something one of the sales guys told me early on (back in November). They said that the Acadia was replacing the Envoy XL. Now that I think about it...the width inside is definitely the size of an Envoy and not the Tahoe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts