GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the trouble I've had with my Acadia I'm at the point that I had to laugh at this remark.
I went to the dealership and met with the manager about taking the car back because of eight repairs in ten months.
When we were discussing the water leaks he said that they had spent so much time trying to find the leaks in my car that their mechanic had discovered the problem with the drain tubes and reported it to GM. Now GM had issued a recall to fix the drain tubes all over the US due to my car.
I think I was supposed to feel honored.
HMMMMM...the bulletin about drain tubes was posted here about four months before I even bought my Acadia!
I asked him if he had ever heard of acadiaforum.net . He said no.I said you should check it out, it's very interesting.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
At first I couldn't understand how I could know so much more about the vehicle than salesmen & managers (I came here at the end of June from a Dodge forum LOL and had not done any research on the Outlook/Acadia until after then), then I read the Edmunds.com story where they sent a writer undercover as a salesman. This was a good insight into how dealer operations work. No excuse for the service department not to be up to speed though, especially with an issue as well known as the sunroof drain tube issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.