GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Acadia and noticed that everytime I open my window I smell a nasty mold smell, the smell is actually in the window well itself. When I close the window all the way I smell it even more. Has anyone had the same problem and if so how did you fix it? Is there something I can spray in the window well to get rid of that smell?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That sounds like an indication of a deeper problem. Are you the original owner? If not, you should get the service history of the vehicle to see if it has been repaired for a water leak. One of our members here can do so if asked.

If the source is inside the door (this is unusual, most leaks are reported in the headliner and cowl area and cause wet places on the floor), the door panel would have to be taken off and the problem treated there. You could probably spray some type of cleaner/bleach type product in there, but if the cause is not corrected this is a short term solution.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nickc75: were you able to resolve this problem? My '08 Acadia has the same issue. It is in the shop now for an unrelated service, and they are going to look at this. They told me there are no bulletins about this problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the rubber molding that touches the window replaced under warranty. It helped THAT mold smell, but mine leaked water in the back under the rear seat somehow and that is another moldy smell. I have no sunroof.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
me too, dealership said it was "normal" :eek:hno: :sosad:

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Hi Jefft and Copperhead13,

If you would like me to look into things further for either of you, please let me know! You may send a private message at any time with more information on your specific situation. Thank you!

Jessica
GMC Customer Care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts