1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I would run away quickly.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Don't do it!!!! This is only a resistor that 'tricks' the mass airflow sensor to send more fuel to the engine. After a while, the computer figures out what is happening and sets off a 'check engine' light. The performance then goes back to original or worse. Some people that have done this mod have actually had to replace their MAF sensor afterward -- very expensive!

By the way, you can probably buy the same type of resistor at Radio Shack for $0.49.

·
Registered
812 Posts
xseler said:
Don't do it!!!! This is only a resistor that 'tricks' the mass airflow sensor to send more fuel to the engine. After a while, the computer figures out what is happening and sets off a 'check engine' light. The performance then goes back to original or worse. Some people that have done this mod have actually had to replace their MAF sensor afterward -- very expensive!

By the way, you can probably buy the same type of resistor at Radio Shack for $0.49.
agreed! you have to be careful of any mods posted on EBAY or any website --- do your research or post it here im sure somebody will give you info about it ( thanks XSELER ), some are just crap!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

This holds true for all those BS magical additives for every fluid in the vehicle.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Unless the chip is made by one of the big performance chip makers, I would stay away from it. I highly doubt the big companies will make a performance chip for this vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts