GMC Acadia Forum banner

Missing SD Card

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RudyK 
#1 ·
I just purchased a used 2021 Acadia and the SD (navigation) card is missing. I have located a new one on Amazon but am wondering if there are any special types of SD cards required and will they work in my Acadia

#2 · (Edited)
Ask a dealer service department or maybe check some Youtubes for info.
Does the Owner's Manual specify anything?
You should have gotten one with the vehicle.

#4 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 and my understanding is the SD card supplied/required by GM contains the Nav system data and is not a blank card you can purchase on Amazon. In order to update the programming and street map information, you purchase the lastest version card. I just did a fast check on Amazon and found most data loaded Nav cards listed for Ford and Mazda. If you take a chance and order, be sure its returnable. I wouldnd do that purchase on EBay..
A relieble source..but they want $147

Personally I think thats a huge ripoff...they shoud support map updates as a good customer service policy.. But to be candid, I hate the poor readability/ poor map color choices/ and control layout, so I always used Waze or Google maps via android auto. They are clear, provide easier to read maps, traffic updates/rerouting and the database is self updating to the newest maps...for free.

When my car was new I had an issue and they had to replace my card, and when that failed the reader also.

As to the dealer providing it free? I doubt it. It was taken by the prior owner so GM isnt responsible.Its like saying the car came without a jack from the prior owner. Im sure they will sell you a new card with the latest map data.

#8 ·
Thank everyone for the input. In shopping for cards online I found several used ones with pricing all over the place. (Maybe some enterprising thief hard at work here??) At any rate I contacted the dealer and they very willingly indicated to purchase a new one, send them the invoice, and they would reimburse me. Thank you again for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.