GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Old topic but I had a "hmm" moment at my dealership yesterday. I had my Acadia in for recall servicing and I mentioned I had this issue.

At the end of the day, they ran out of time to fix it but the service advisor said it was a programming thing (!) and that they can flash it with a program that returns the mirrors properly.

Huh? This was a big surprise to me as I thought it was strictly a mechanical thing...the problem seems to occur mostly in damp weather. Does anyone know of any TSB out there that references this problem?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Sorry, no TSBs that I can find address this. :-\

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks GeoHawk. I didn't think so either - very strange. I can't wait to find out what this supposed programming fix is. When I do, I'll be sure to post it here.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have been having this problem , but only with the drivers side mirror. The passenger mirror keeps its position but the drivers side has to be reset at least three times per week. The service manager said theydidn't have anybody else with this problem and could not find anything wrong with my mirror. Did anybody ever get any info on the re-programing ? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sean said:
My wife and I have both noticed that, when the feature that tilts the mirrors down when backing up is activated, they don't go back into exactly the same place they were previously...only SORT of the same place.

Has anyone else noticed this on their Acadias? We ended up turning that feature off because it got to be too much of a pain readjusting the mirrors all the time.
I only have the passenger mirror activated to tilt down in reverse. I have always had this issue with the passenger mirror (I don't know about the driver mirror since I have not used this feature on the driver side).

It does exactly what you state, it sort of goes back to the same place. When putting it in drive, the mirror doesn't quite make it all the way up to the 'memory' setting. I like the reverse feature and it hasn't bothered me too much that the mirror doesn't go all the way back. When I first set the mirror, I just set it a bit high and then it drops a little bit after the first reverse. It then seems to go back to that new spot every time.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
regret-it said:
I have been having this problem , but only with the drivers side mirror. The passenger mirror keeps its position but the drivers side has to be reset at least three times per week. The service manager said theydidn't have anybody else with this problem and could not find anything wrong with my mirror. Did anybody ever get any info on the re-programing ? Any help would be appreciated.
Old thread, but couldn't find anything else relevant using search. I'm having problem with my mirror's memory function (driver's side only). Seat memory and passenger side mirror seem to work fine, but the driver's side one goes to some random position when we switch drivers. Yesterday morning I hit the unlock button on my fob to move everything to my positions as we were getting ready to leave. Seat and mirrors were in my wife's normal driving position. Seat moved flawlessly to its normal "2" position (mine). Driver's mirror seemed to be struggling to move, but eventually moved to where it was pointed down at the ground - nowhere near the "set" position. Checked with wife and she says she's been having problems with it - has to reset it almost every time after I drive it. She confirmed she's pressing and holding the "1" button until it beeps twice to reset the memory. But then the next time after I drive it it goes back to some screwy position and has to be reset. When readjusting it using the power controls it seems to move in a jerky fashion but ultimately goes where we want.

So I tried testing it some more yesterday afternoon and noticed that I can hear the mirror adjustment motor whirring for awhile after the seat has stopped moving - it's like it's trying to move the mirror but failing somehow. I later reset it again and drove to the gas station. While I was there I hit the "1" button and it appeared to move the mirror to her correct position (not entirely sure as she wasn't with me). Then I hit "2" and it moved back correctly to mine. So the problem could be somewhat intermittant.

Anybody had a fix for this problem? I don't want to take it to the dealer and have them charge me a diagnostic to say "could not duplicate" or worse yet charge me to replace a part that isn't the problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's funny that you are posting this because I have been having issues with my tilt mirrors also. First it was just the drivers side mirror that was acting up. It would tilt down to reverse, then the mirror wouldn't come all the way back up to where it started. I was readjusting the mirror every day. Then it suddenly stopped giving me a problem! A few weeks later, and now just the passenger side is doing the same except the mirror goes too far up when returning to the "pre-tilt" position. I did read something in the manual about if there is an issue with the mirrors, to manually fold the mirror in and back out once and that will reset the positions. Didn't quite work for me though! Please let me know if you find a fix for this one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been having this issue with my passenger mirror for quite a while now. I turned off the feature to move in reverse and the mirror still gets out of position at random intervals. I set it back and set the memory each time but it still does it now and then. I do pull in my power mirrors by switch every night when pulling into my garage. My dealership has no answer for it either and it's quite frustrating..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 Yukon Dinali, and the driver side mirror fails to go back to its programmed position. It is intermittent, but when you turn the car off or when you’re close the car from the inside when parking, and then upon restarting the car the mirror goes all over the place and does not go back to its programmed spot. The dealer can’t seem to solve the problem. I think it’s a memory problem somewhere in the computer because but when this occurs I can always relocate the mirror with the internal switches and buttons and then save. Upon the next start it goes wherever it wants. I think this is a more general GMC computer programming problem

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I have a 2021 Yukon Dinali, and the driver side mirror fails to go back to its programmed position. It is intermittent, but when you turn the car off or when you’re close the car from the inside when parking, and then upon restarting the car the mirror goes all over the place and does not go back to its programmed spot. The dealer can’t seem to solve the problem. I think it’s a memory problem somewhere in the computer because but when this occurs I can always relocate the mirror with the internal switches and buttons and then save. Upon the next start it goes wherever it wants. I think this is a more general GMC computer programming problem
Here is one Posting I bookmarked because it was the only one where the dealer could finally remedy it.
It seems they need to dig deeper and find an error code using the proper scanner and method.
Read below and perhaps . .. make a copy of it. . . . and show it to your dealer.

BTW . . this is ghe GMC Acadia forum, but the below may still help - - -
Ask the dealer to do a software update. I had struggled with this issue for over a year on my 2018 Acadia Denali. Took three trips to the Dealership. I've had the actuator replaced (a mechanical fix)...did not solve issue. I've replaced the battery in the fob...did not solve issue. I experienced every one of the issues noted by other posters above. And I heard all the same responses (i.e. cannot replicate). Felt like an idiot. But the issue was indeed real!

Finally, the foreman of the dealership got involved. After a series of tests, a code was returned of "unknown calibration" of the driver-specific memory settings. The software was then updated, which seems to have finally fixed it. In the end, modern cars are inescapably 'computers on wheels.' Hope this helps anyone else who may be encountering this issue.

·
Registered
QTY 2: 2012 Acadia Denalis
1 Posts
Hello,

I was looking to see if anyone has figured out a fix for this “mirror not returning to the proper position after the reverse dip” issue. Or at least narrowed down the possibilities of what it could be. Both of my 2012 Acadias are beginning to do this. My black one is both mirrors and my white one is only the passenger side.

I saw someone said software possibly but I myself was thinking something like hardware; either the driver’s door module or the mirror motors themselves.

Please let me know if anyone knows anything. Thank you!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts