GMC Acadia Forum banner

Are you experiencing this issue with your Acadia?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have both noticed that, when the feature that tilts the mirrors down when backing up is activated, they don't go back into exactly the same place they were previously...only SORT of the same place.

Has anyone else noticed this on their Acadias? We ended up turning that feature off because it got to be too much of a pain readjusting the mirrors all the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Racefla said:
Have you set your seat / mirrow memory yet?

They sould go back to what was set on the memory.
Yeah, we've set that. They don't go back. Well, I should say, they DO go back, just not ALL the way back. They're always just slightly off.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sean said:
Yeah, we've set that. They don't go back. Well, I should say, they DO go back, just not ALL the way back. They're always just slightly off.
Sean - with the reverse view option disabled, do the mirrors keep the right settings and go correctly for the different drivers? I sure hope so, that has been a pain on our Jeep, that for me, the driver mirror will never go back to it's preset after my wife has driven it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have already disabled my drivers mirror, and may do the same for the pass side. They are worthless to try backing up to a trailer. All I can see out of them is Ants Marching ::)

They tilt to far down to see behind you. I guess it would be OK to see the curb, but not any use other that that. It would be nice to be able to program how much they tilt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have noticed the same thing with the mirror pre-setting on back up. They point down waaaay to far to be usefull to me. Mine go back in place just fine....I just wish I could adjust the setting for backing up. Is there something I'm missing here on this set up? I disabled the feature due to the factory settings being too low. :-[

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't have my acadia yet, but I know on chevy trucks with this feature you can set the point at which they stop. I don't have them on my truck so I don't know how to do it, I just remember it from test driving other trucks when I bought mine.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
All the manual says is "This feature will cause the passenger's and/or driver's mirror to tilt to a preselected position when the vehicle is in REVERSE (R)." I don't find that very clear. Sorry. :-\

Kelly

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the user adjustable mirrors on my Suburban (4wd XL) previous to buying the Acadia. This isnt a major inconvenience....but the Acadoa factory pre-sets are just not very well planned out imo ...negating their worth. Having said that...this is one of the few complaints I have about this super vehicle. I live in MN and we have had two big snow storms since I took delivery (and a bunch of othrer slipery drives). I feel the AWD system in the acadia is superior to my Suburban 4WD - except in heavy-duty off roading. I pulled a heavy cargo trailer and had to pull it through a snow bank to get it to a parking spot. The Acadia did a wonderfull job in getting the job done. It also performs super under the "regular" inclement weather we have had ( two 10-inch snowfalls). A+ GM....Well Done!! :) ........Now....about that back up camera on my wish list ;D

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't have my Acadia yet...but if this works anything like my M45 when you shift into reverse and the mirror adjuster is in the right adjust position then the right mirror will angle towards the curb...when the toggle adjuster is in the left position the left mirror will angle to the ground.

Like I said...still waiting on my order...but thought this might help...I know many people leave this adjuster in the middle position and this might not let the mirrors adjust down when you shift to reverse...many people don't like this so if you leave it in the middle position most cars will not automatically adjust the mirrors when you shift to reverse.

Hoping that might be right?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My mirrors seem to return to the memory position after tilting down to the curb when I shift into reverse. However, I too feel that they tilt too far down. It anybody figures out how to set the position of the curb tilt, please help us all out.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Mine work properly from reverse and back on my SLT-2.

Just curious, how many of you that have issues with this feature are experiencing it for the first time on your Acadia, or have you had the feature on other cars?

·
Registered
173 Posts
madeinusa said:
My mirrors seem to return to the memory position after tilting down to the curb when I shift into reverse. However, I too feel that they tilt too far down. It anybody figures out how to set the position of the curb tilt, please help us all out.
Ditto. I think it would be a great feature if it worked properly.

·
Registered
748 Posts
When I picked mine up the dealer told me specifically that when the auto mirror back up feature is enabled they will not return to the normal position when the vehicle is placed back into drive - not a very well thought out feature, I have not tested it, the dealer set the feature to "off" - I would assume that the memory seat setting would put your mirrors back into the correct position but that feature might not function while the vehicle is in "drive".

Maybe there will be some sort of software upgrade in the future to correct this issue - hopeful thinking.

·
Registered
132 Posts
johnway...have you tried your mirrors and do they exhibit the same condition as sean? Several other folks have indicated no problems and I have not noticed any either. If you'd both confirm via this post that you are having this condition...I'll pm you for additional info.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have only my passenger mirror set to tilt down since I want to see the curb. I have never had to readjust it afterwards so I am assuming that it must come back to virtually the same place.

·
Registered
748 Posts
acadia7j100001 said:
johnway...have you tried your mirrors and do they exhibit the same condition as sean? Several other folks have indicated no problems and I have not noticed any either. If you'd both confirm via this post that you are having this condition...I'll pm you for additional info.
acadia7j100001 - i will try to make the change to my setting today on my trip home from work and test this feature out - I will post back later or tomorrow.

·
Registered
748 Posts
001 - I do not have this problem with my mirrors, I turned on the function for both mirrors and they both returned to the normal (starting) position - I did a test and placed both mirrors in the most upright position and when I put into reverse they only tilted down a few degrees (maybe to the normal driving position but not all the way down were you can see the curb but they both went back up to the position I started in after I put back into drive. I guess the feature only tilts down a few degrees from whatever the the starting position is - I guess I should not have listened to my sales person, he does not know all the details about this vehicle - he even told me that when using the remote start that when you get back in the vehicle I would have to turn the ignition off and then on again for the vehicle to recognize the chip in the key - this was not the case, all I had to do was put the key inthe ignition and turn in to the start position and drive away - I could teach him a few things about this vehicle.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks johnway. Mirrors should return to set position so suspect if Sean still has a problem, then there is something amiss with his! You could teach the dealer something. Remote start is just key on and go...no need to restart as you found! I'm a bit dismayed at the lack of info dealer salespeople provide to customers...I had to train ours!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts