GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Wife and I looking at a new Acadia and are wondering about the mirror to mirror width of the Acadia. Concerned it might be a tight squeeze in our garage. Anyone want to volunteer to break out a tape measure?

Thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Outlook XR:
89" with the mirrors in open position.
78" with the mirrors folded.

Our garage is 20 ft in depth. I back it in and with the nose a few inches from the garage door, there is 3 ft behind the rear allwoing for the hatch to open to a height of 81"

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife has gotten into the habit of hitting the button to fold the mirrors as she's driving in the garage. It will still fit in our garage without folding them, but it's a blessing that the Acadia has this feature!!! Our old car seemed to leave scratch marks on the house trim for some strange reason. :) Even had to get a driver's side mirror replaced once (luckily that was a company car!!)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Save yourself some money and opt with the SLT1 package. I have a 40 year old house, with small doors on my 2 door garage. I have to back in the Acadia, due to the jut out of the fireplace (garage built on after house was built). Anyway...With my Yukon, I had to fold in both mirrors to back in, to do that, I got out of the truck in the rain, snow, etc. it was a pain! On the Acadia, I can just barely fit into the garage without folding either, but I do fold in the driver's side prior to backing up. (Manual, as I didn't think the SLT2 was worth the added $. I don't have to get out, just put down the window and pull it in toward the vehicle.)

I've had no problems. The mirrors on the Acadia only stick out slightly more than the wheel wells do on the front tires. Vs. the Yukon's mirrors which were much wider.

My 2 cents...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts