GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after doing some digging here and on some aftermarket sites, it appears that there is very limited options as to giving the Acadia some basic off-road protection. Now, I'm not talking about crashing through the great wide wilderness here, just "light duty" stuff like logging roads, secondary roads, etc. I want to give the Acadia some basic protection against minor underside damage from kicked up rocks, flying dirt; like a bush bar or bull bar with a skid plate, and skid plate protection for some of the more delicate expensive stuff exposed under the truck. So far, Romik doesn't list any stuff for the Acadia (despite teasing us with that pic of the bull bar almost a year ago), and neither do any of the other "major" players.

Anyone have any links or vendors to share? I'm looking specifically for stuff able to be delivered, picked up, bought for Canada...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody? Awww. :help: :banghead:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have a friend who put a brush guard on the front of his 4 Runnner and took it back off after a short time. He said he could really tell the difference the weight made in the way the vehicle handled. His didn't appear to be real super duty either. Just something to consider on a somewhat softly sprung car.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
The Acadia has really poor clearance under the oil pan and other components. I'm not sure there would be much room for skid plates.

Be careful out there. I won't be taking mine on any kind of poor unpaved road again. :eek:

Kelly

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man I kind of like that Acadia with the bull bar and the side steps from Romik website.... But I'll love to see actual pics from owners before I buy, the economy is not on my side and this thing is a little tempting.... >:D

·
Registered
46 Posts
use to have a brush guard on my old pathfinder, took it off after it started to rust and was an eye sore. Didn't notice any difference on the weight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased a Westin bull bar for my '08 SLT-2. It is an exact fit and a very well constructed product. The application for the Lambda series just came out.

Here in New York City, front and rear protection are necessary. For the rear, I am using a a GoRhino t-step which fits in the trailer hitch and really defines the rear margin in the rear camera display.

Both of these products are American made, providde fine protection and look my-t-fine.

analogist

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am glad someone cares about american made accessories. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
analogist said:
I just purchased a Westin bull bar for my '08 SLT-2. It is an exact fit and a very well constructed product. The application for the Lambda series just came out.

Here in New York City, front and rear protection are necessary. For the rear, I am using a a GoRhino t-step which fits in the trailer hitch and really defines the rear margin in the rear camera display.

Both of these products are American made, providde fine protection and look my-t-fine.

analogist
:worthless:

·
Registered
70 Posts
analogist said:
Here in New York City, front and rear protection are necessary.
Are you cutting through central park that you need brush guards? ;D Everyone I know who has had front/rear guards have had higher repair bills because of having guards mounted. Granted I only know about 10 people who have had guards mounted, but everyone that I knew who had them, either didn't replace them or ended up taking them off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts