GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one fixed the issue with the center seat belt on the middle row getting stuck. I played around with it for 10 minutes and got it un stuck, but every time you fold that seat forward it gets stuck.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
get stuck how?

Never had an issue with mine, how is it getting stuck? What year is your Acadia?

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
getting stuck in that you cant pull it out..
it locks.

Ive had this happen sometimes when dealing with car seats-- it will retract but then you cant pull it out anymore--

Ive had to fold the seat and then it unlocks.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
rbarrios said:
getting stuck in that you cant pull it out..
it locks.

Ive had this happen sometimes when dealing with car seats-- it will retract but then you cant pull it out anymore--

Ive had to fold the seat and then it unlocks.
That is a feature I love, no more messing with seat belt clips... just pull all the way out and let in lock into position. Usually if you let it retract all the way back in, then the lock releases... however I don't think that is what the OP is talking about.

I can't see what the OP means by after folding the seat down and lifting again that the seatbelt is stuck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was posts about this on the Traverse, Enclave and this forum, but it was old and nobody had a real fix.
My middle row center seat belt locks up tite when I either fold and let some one in the back seat or I fold it down flat then I return it to its normal position. I dont fold that seat very often. I will take it in to the dealer to get fixed. It doing it every time right know.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:repost: :search: Has been discussed at length before....I've had the same issue, dealer has never heard of this, as they tell me, and doesn't know a fix, nor does Buick customer service, etc. I've learned to live with it. Here's the other thread that discusses it, you can read my lengthy posts about my experiences.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/index.php?topic=7452.0

(one other quick tip, if I didn't already say it in the above thread, take the loop control to fold down the seat back, and put it a little bit forward, pull the belt a little out, then push seat back to where you want it.....sucks to have to do this, but it seems to have helped me)

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
lonewolf said:
There was posts about this on the Traverse, Enclave and this forum, but it was old and nobody had a real fix.
My middle row center seat belt locks up tite when I either fold and let some one in the back seat or I fold it down flat then I return it to its normal position. I dont fold that seat very often. I will take it in to the dealer to get fixed. It doing it every time right know.

Sounds like the mechanism that would normally 'lock' the seatbelt to secure a child seat is defective. When you put the seat down, it must be engaging. They should change the retractor assembly as it sounds completely defective. I would not trust that seatbelt at all.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Nvr2loud said:
Sounds like the mechanism that would normally 'lock' the seatbelt to secure a child seat is defective. When you put the seat down, it must be engaging. They should change the retractor assembly as it sounds completely defective. I would not trust that seatbelt at all.
There is no fix. I had mine replaced and this one does it too. Like you said, either the safety child lock thing, or the fact of the seat being folded and it sends the belt into crash mode, where it locks, and there's something faulty with the design of this set up, not something wrong with the part. As long as you are not moving that seat, it's fine...and a crazy suggestion, that might not work in all cases....use the passenger side, 40 portion seat, to do the flip and folding. It's a bit easier to operate anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My middle seats belt in the center row was stuck and I was only able to partially lift the middle row back up. I was able to remove the bolt to release the bottom of seat belt strap from the base. This allowed me to lift the chair and have more seatbelt to work with to get the retractable mechanism unlocked.

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
When this happens, i flip the seat back down and give the upper part of the seat back by the belt a few good whacks with my hand.. and that releases the belt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts