GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
MAVIS TIRES of Cumming GA. I cannot believe after spending more than $1000. this is what I get…awful tires. What makes matters worse is the service I received from MAVIS TIRES in CUMMING, GA. Even the tire tech, CJ, said, “Wow, I’ve NEVER seen this!” He took pictures, and sent them to his boss, Paul. An entire week went by and NO ONE even called me. Went back this Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021 @ 9am and was told by CJ, “We will replace the tires with Bridgestone tires Tuesday, so bring the car in Monday. Brought the SUV in only to be told we will credit you only $42 per tire by the Manager Bun Mao. I’ve patronized MAVIS for 16 years!!! Michelin, you should be ashamed of yourselves! That’s my wife’s SUV and it shocks me to the core especially when I think of her driving my granddaughter around with UNSAFE TIRES…I’m DONE!!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Tire Land vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
290 Posts
Details might better put this into perspective.

What year Acadia, how many miles on the vehicle and tires.

Where was the tire on the vehicle. Was it just one or all 4.

The photos really don’t give enough info.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
MAVIS TIRES of Cumming GA. I cannot believe after spending more than $1000. this is what I get…awful tires. What makes matters worse is the service I received from MAVIS TIRES in CUMMING, GA. Even the tire tech, CJ, said, “Wow, I’ve NEVER seen this!” He took pictures, and sent them to his boss, Paul. An entire week went by and NO ONE even called me. Went back this Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021 @ 9am and was told by CJ, “We will replace the tires with Bridgestone tires Tuesday, so bring the car in Monday. Brought the SUV in only to be told we will credit you only $42 per tire by the Manager Bun Mao. I’ve patronized MAVIS for 16 years!!! Michelin, you should be ashamed of yourselves! That’s my wife’s SUV and it shocks me to the core especially when I think of her driving my granddaughter around with UNSAFE TIRES…I’m DONE!!

Did they check wheel alignment and check for wear in suspension parts?
It would be good to know the condition of the tires that were replaced with these.
Maybe try another tire dealer. Any tire warranty would be with the tire maker other than installation. Get a second opinion? Contact Michelin yourself?

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
The credit was probably prorated based on tread wear. I think you did rather well considering no one asked about conditions under which the vehicle was driven. Some of the damaged tread appears cut by glass or sharp rocks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is absolutely normal behavior - especially for Michelin. Look at the date codes on your tires - i bet they are very, very fresh.

This happens during the molding process and will work itself out after a few heat cycles.

Looks scary at first, but it's completely ok.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not normal, what exact model tire, and how many miles on them? I replaced the OEM Bridgestones which thumped for the duration on the car with Michelin Primacy A/S's which are what you should have bought. This is what mine look like after 15,000 miles and they are still smooth as silk! If you asked for the cheapest Michelin then you got what you paid for.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

1 - 6 of 6 Posts