GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has had any experience with these tires and can speak to their wet and dry cornering in above freezing temps. As an all-weather tire with the 3 peak snow rating, I'm thinking it would be a reasonable choice for all year round use in an area that gets only moderate snowfall, without needing a 2nd set of tires for winter.

I had good performance in winter with our AWD '07 SRX with Cooper all season tires, but they were just barely OK on ice, especially the braking distances. A 3 peak snow rated tire has to be better and the CrossClimate2 gets great write-ups for winter performance. I just don't want to lose noticeable grip in moderate to warmer temps. These would be replacements on a '17 Denali I just acquired, still with the original Michelin Premier LTX tires that are coming to the end of their lives.

Any input on these tires would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A very thorough review of the tire in all conditions. A lot of information added since I read their first review, especially the performance on snow and ice. Their subjective thoughts on "feel" are very useful to me.
Thanks!!

Best regards,

Elie

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
I had the Defender LTX M/S on my Acadia and was very pleased with them. Reviews say the CrossClimate 2 performs better than the Defender. If they wear better than the Defender, too, then it's a great choice of tire.

·
Registered
2018 GMC Acadia
5 Posts
Just had the CC2s installed yesterday, first impression they are very quiet and run smooth.

I will update as time goes on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's great to know there's a tire available with the triple snow peak that is quiet!
Thanks, and please keep us updated on your impressions

Best regards,

Elie

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Just had the CC2s installed yesterday, first impression they are very quiet and run smooth.

I will update as time goes on.
Good to hear. Please do keep the forum posted on how they wear and maintain traction, road noise, and if you notice any MPG decrease.

I see they are unidirectional tred pattern.

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
Good luck with them. Personally, I'm not a fan of directional treaded tires on my everyday vehicle. You'll have to remember that they are directional when you get those tires rotated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point... but with the space saver donut spare tire, on directional tires, I can usually get away with rotating the tires front to back and back to front as long as the alignment remains good.
I do remember having gone through 2 sets of Goodyear F! GS-D3 tires on my '98 Camaro SS back in the day, which were also unidirectional with a tread pattern resembling a "V" formation. With track use, there was always 1 side of the tire that showed more wear than the other.

The solution was to take off the tires and remount them going the opposite way than they were originally mounted and then reinstall the wheels on the opposite side of the car. Lots of fun rotating the front and back tires as well as changing sides! :giggle:

Best regards,

Elie

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Super Moderator
21,534 Posts
The solution was to take off the tires and remount them going the opposite way than they were originally mounted and then reinstall the wheels on the opposite side of the car. Lots of fun rotating the front and back tires as well as changing sides! :giggle:
Yeah! You always have to worry about the tire jockey screwing up the bead with the machine (or part of the bead sticking to the wheel), then hope the tires will balance right.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just replaced the oem Michelins which were down to 4/32" with 25k miles. Michelin did step up and offered almost $500 off a set of replacements. The Cross Climate 2 were recommended by the tire store but I did not like the idea they cannot be cross rotated. They did recommend the Defender LTX but apparently not available in the 235/55/20 size so they suggested going to a 255/5020. Had them installed last week and although only a limited amount of miles on them, they seem to be as quiet as the oem's and the steering seems "sharper". The overall diameter is very close and about 3/4" wider.
Don

·
Registered
78 Posts
Running 265 60 18 Nittos with a leveling kit, no issues in any weather conditions. View attachment 10966
@Justme87 Wow, they look very nice and bold. I have 2017 Acadia Denali and it has 20 inch wheels. With 20 wheels, I found it very hard to find any suitable All-terrain tires. Most of them would have issues with enough clearance with 20inch wheel.
What kind of leveling kit did you go with? If you don't mind telling, how much height lift, how much did it cost and any changes in how vehicle rides?

I looked at few of popular brands : bf goodrich ko2, wildpeak AT3W ..... but didn't find anythat that would fit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@Justme87 Wow, they look very nice and bold. I have 2017 Acadia Denali and it has 20 inch wheels. With 20 wheels, I found it very hard to find any suitable All-terrain tires. Most of them would have issues with enough clearance with 20inch wheel.
What kind of leveling kit did you go with? If you don't mind telling, how much height lift, how much did it cost and any changes in how vehicle rides?

I looked at few of popular brands : bf goodrich ko2, wildpeak AT3W ..... but didn't find anythat that would fit.
I couldn’t find any information on anyone ever doing a level and tire change on any Acadia so after a little math and a few measurements I decided on the 265/60’s. No rubbing, no cutting, perfect fit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Like others here, i'm a big fan of Defenders. The CC's caught my eye until i realized they were omnidirectional.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Like others here, i'm a big fan of Defenders. The CC's caught my eye until i realized they were omnidirectional.
Same here. . . The CC's do seem like they would give good performance. . but also I think you meant "unidirectional" . . .
So I would be looking at another tires also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts