GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread ended about one month ago. Did Mia get her car replaced? I joined this forum today - because during my last (of too many) service visits, another customer was turning in his Acadia. GM was buying it back because of numerous service issues including RUST. And on that note, he showed me where mine has started rusting also. The dealer service manager was not happy that I was being informed of the buy back. In the meantime, my issues include (as with Mia's) random idiot lights illuminationing, the Nav/Ent system locking up (the volume freezes to a fixed level, the screen goes black, no controls are operational - the fix? Pull over, put the car in park, turn it off, remove the key, open the driver door - then start over again). We have the infamous low RPM vibration problem (of course the dealer says its supposed to do that - it helps with gas economy). Our vehicle is 2WD - as we were convinced by the dealer that AWD wasn't necessary in Northern Utah. Needless to say, with the past 10 days of snow, the Acadia has not moved out of the garage because it can't climb a 10 degree driveway with 1/2 inch of snow on it.
And worst of all, the CRUISE control and accelerator have a mind of their own. Those old enough remember the old AUDIs doing this randomly, causing wrecks - and AUDI didn't fix it til it was investigate by 60 minutes.

I appreciate VIC 49s advice on getting the replacement process rolling. I know that's my next step along with becoming familiar with Utah Lemon Law (if there is such a thing...)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts