GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a mesh grille that I like. I was looking for the Cadillac CTS-V style grille for the Acadia. This is the description below, doesnt it sound like I can get rid of the factory one and replace it with this? I dont want a bolt on. Yes, it is pricey but I think it looks good. This one is $315 without the Logo.

Features
The SES Stainless Steel Mesh Grille is custom designed for your specific vehicle
Crafted from an intricate weave of T304 stainless steel wire mesh
Finished with a triple-thick layer of gleaming chrome that's polished to a deep shine
Easily bolts over or in place of your factory grille
Boasts custom cut-outs that let your factory logo show through
Installs in half an hour with no drilling or cutting
Your SES Stainless Steel Mesh Grille is backed by a Lifetime Warranty
Description
Install an SES Stainless Steel Mesh Grille and turn ordinary commuting into well-healed motoring. The SES wire mesh grille grants you and your car, truck or SUV entrée to the once exclusive world of the luxury motorcar.

SES crafts your wire mesh grille from a rugged weave of T304 stainless steel strands. They leave an opening for the factory logo and the whole structure is framed by a seamless perimeter. Then, each grille’s finished off with a show-stopping, triple-thick layer of radiant chrome.

Since SES custom builds each grille to fit your specific vehicle, installation is a cinch. In fact, you don’t even need a drill—SES designs the wire mesh grille to bolt right to your front end. So, instead of spending your weekend in driveway servitude, you’re out cruising like an aristocrat. And, the elegance doesn’t stop there; SES backs your wire mesh grille with a Lifetime Warranty.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Personally not a fan of it. I don't care for the thick chrome around the GMC. You may be able to remove the old grille, and replace it with this, but it looked pretty tricky when I check that out before. Seems like those clips will break right off, and then you have to replace a lot more.

I am happy with my overlay.

·
Super Moderator
22,560 Posts
:puke: 'nough said!

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I think these aftermarket accessories tend to cheapen the look of the vehicle. Nothing worng with the OEM grill as far as I'm concerned. But that's what makes the world go around. :cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I think that the GMC Logo in that picture belongs to that Yukon/Tahoe pictured. I took it as you had to use your own Logo. I didnt think it had that square around it. I dont care for that either but I thought it was just that particular logo. And Mike....you are exactly right. There are accessories out there for everyone I guess! (i.e. brush guard.) Thanks all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
mikemu said:
I think these aftermarket accessories tend to cheapen the look of the vehicle. Nothing worng with the OEM grill as far as I'm concerned. But that's what makes the world go around. :cheers:
I tend to agree Mikemu. I usually buy the car with what I need and the look I want instead of buying a lesser equipped car and retrofitting with aftermarkets. About the only thing I do to a car is window tinting and take care of it mechanically and exterior wise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont remember seeing that accessory in the book at the dealer. Did I miss something? There isn't a dealer option for a different grille is there? Anyway, we are all different. How boring would this forum be if we all were stock? ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Carrotop79 said:
I dont remember seeing that accessory in the book at the dealer. Did I miss something? There isn't a dealer option for a different grille is there? Anyway, we are all different. How boring would this forum be if we all were stock? ;D
No.
I got mine of Ebay, it is identical pattern as the factory by it chrome plated plastic that pops over top.
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3420.msg58941#msg58941

·
Super Moderator
22,560 Posts
Oh Boy!! Chrome-plated? plastic!!! :blob:

That's the geniune, imitation article!!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
speleos said:
looks better then the black, and it has held up great, without any problems.

TO EACH THEIR OWN!

·
Registered
683 Posts
speleos said:

That's the geniune, imitation article!!
Have you checked out the Traverse yet? You think the "upgraded" models with the chrome grills are metal? Haha, look again...plastic baby. Yet still looks very nice IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Speleos, maybe we can all pitch in and by a chrome grille for that sweet Toyota Matrix "S" Type you got there. What a sick ride that must be! Obviously "to each person, there own taste"!!!! Does the S model have anything besides a ground effects and a PLASTIC "S" on the side? Just wondering. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Carrotop79 said:
Speleos, maybe we can all pitch in and by a chrome grille for that sweet Toyota Matrix "S" Type you got there. What a sick ride that must be! Obviously "to each person, there own taste"!!!! Does the S model have anything besides a ground effects and a PLASTIC "S" on the side? Just wondering. :cheers:
Sword fight :poke:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just stating that we are entitled to whatever we want. What an America. Now back to the thread.... I talked to the company that makes these and said yes, you can cut the whole grille out, but that is just the other option. First being to "snap" it on. I will report back in a few weeks about the results. Thanks all for the opinions. Some helped, others.......eh, not so much. ;D

·
Super Moderator
22,560 Posts
Carrotop79 said:
... Thanks all for the opinions. Some helped, others.......eh, not so much. ;D
That's why we're here! :thumb:

BTW, the Matrix S is on the a$$ and has the same engine as the X (2.4L), along with stability package and traction control. And the Matrix isn't mine - the SO bought that fleet member. She loves the Corolla-sized vehicles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts