GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is being started after this post was made in the original thread here===BONK1313[/color]http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg68549;topicseen#new

Yet another thread merged, and with bad info in the title... ::)

What's becoming of this site that everything needs to be compressed down to nothing??

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Re: MERGED:Cargo area all weather map

rolloffhill said:

What's becoming of this site that everything needs to be compressed down to nothing??
Conserves space on the server; acts as one focal point for information of the same topic so that you don't have to search 10 topics dealing with the same thing; give the moderators something to do j/k ;D

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Re: MERGED:Cargo area all weather map

rolloffhill said:

Rolloffhill, in the future, PM the merger, or notify moderator is a simple solution to get a spelling mistake in the title fixed, I appreciate you making note of it.
Topics are merged to consolidate on the server as jsimms mentioned and make it EASIER to search for topics. It is easier to read 1 topic of cargo mats, then try and find all 8 of them. Example is the ONGOING :deadhorse: gas mileage thread. There is no need for several threads of the same topic. Why do you say that stuff is "compressed down to nothing" If the information is still there and not being deleted, how is "compressed down to nothing"

And on another note, since these posts are not related to the original topic, I will split it into a new topic.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I'll refer my right honorable friends to the sticky I posted some time ago. I'm thankful Bonk etc. is on the ball for this. At another car forum I used to belong to, it had gotten way out of hand, you basically had to beg to have related posts put together. Members were literally asking the same question two or three posts below one that had the same topic. The main reason for doing this as stated above is for those that will need the info in the future so they don't have to dig through 10-20+ similar threads.

The forum is hardly being compressed down to nothing. I spent a day in September going through the main dumping ground (General Discussions- GMC Acadia) and reduced it a total of three pages- there were over 40 at that time, it is down to 36 as of today.

It is a given that a percentage of members will not use the search function or read the sticky messages or read what has been posted in a forum (titles) or thread (content). Merging assists in these circumstances.

Plus, it gives us something to do. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts