GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 607 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading over on corvetteforum that there is a deal for GM renewal that is coded ZWINBACK for $77/year. Anybody know anything about that? :hot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

Yes, I've known about this for quite a while. For over 3 years now certain Accura owners have been renewing their XM service for just $77 per year.

There is a good thread on their board discussing this. Here is the link;

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140022&page=1&pp=25

Like I said, I've followed this for a while now and can summarize the years of discussion for you. They say to follow the script exactly. Do not try to modify it. Here is their script.

First... call and make sure they are not going to auto renew you and charge your credit card. Have your radio code and call the customer service number. Tell them you want to let it expire because it's too expensive at full rates.

Then, they might offer you the $77 deal. If so, skip the rest of these steps and take it. If not, hang up after making sure it will not auto renew.

After it cancels, then call in with the script about having gotten a flyer. See the big yellow scan of the flyer posted previously here http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1359715&postcount=59


SCRIPT FOLLOWS:[/color]

Then call the 1-800-321-7117 number and read the script: "Hello. My subscription to XM Radio has expired but I just got a flyer with a special offer. I would like to take advantage of this offer for $77 for a year.

If they ask for the promotion code, say "zwinback". If they ask for the radio code, give that to them. They WILL ask for it because that's the only way they can turn it on. If you had, in fact, gotten a flyer, it would have your radio code printed on it so have it handy.

Note; I have not tried this yet because my 3 month trial does not expire until May. But you can bet on the fact that I will follow these instructions then!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

I suggest that we do the same as the Accura people did. If you call to renew please post your experience so that we can all benefit,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

Has anybody had their Acadia for 3 months yet, let it expire, and tried this?
This is one heck of a deal. Certainly worth pursuing. Wonder if you can add an additional receiver to use in your home or another vehicle to this type of offer? $77/yr plus a second for the $6.99/mo. Wonder if you can get an annual subscription price break on the extra receivers as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

It says it expires on Jan 31....



MrBiz said:
Yes, I've known about this for quite a while. For over 3 years now certain Accura owners have been renewing their XM service for just $77 per year.

There is a good thread on their board discussing this. Here is the link;

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140022&page=1&pp=25

Like I said, I've followed this for a while now and can summarize the years of discussion for you. They say to follow the script exactly. Do not try to modify it. Here is their script.

First... call and make sure they are not going to auto renew you and charge your credit card. Have your radio code and call the customer service number. Tell them you want to let it expire because it's too expensive at full rates.

Then, they might offer you the $77 deal. If so, skip the rest of these steps and take it. If not, hang up after making sure it will not auto renew.

After it cancels, then call in with the script about having gotten a flyer. See the big yellow scan of the flyer posted previously here http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1359715&postcount=59


SCRIPT FOLLOWS:[/color]

Then call the 1-800-321-7117 number and read the script: "Hello. My subscription to XM Radio has expired but I just got a flyer with a special offer. I would like to take advantage of this offer for $77 for a year.

If they ask for the promotion code, say "zwinback". If they ask for the radio code, give that to them. They WILL ask for it because that's the only way they can turn it on. If you had, in fact, gotten a flyer, it would have your radio code printed on it so have it handy.

Note; I have not tried this yet because my 3 month trial does not expire until May. But you can bet on the fact that I will follow these instructions then!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

Actually, it says offer expires January 31st, 2006! Are we SURE this still works?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

Yes, if you read the threads I gave the link for you will see that they are still getting this offer. Some people are now well into their 3rd year of using it! The link I gave for the flyer was just an example..

Never hurts to try.... what can they say, no?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

XM will try to retain a subscriber and offer a discounted rate.

When I traded in my Expedition the XM went with it. I was already paying for 9 radios and wanted to cut off 3 radios. The one in the trade in, a radio I gave my daughter (MyFi), and another old retired radio. I gave my reasons to customer rep & they offered a $74 yearly rate for my daughters radio. A good deal but I'll let her pay for her own radio.

When I re-up the Acadia I will have a new account and will transrer one from my other "overfull" account so I can get it on the $6.99 family plan.


1- XM Commander- 02 PT
2- Pioneer Inno's
1- Roady2 Twins 00 Stratus & room
1- SkyFi2 Work-home-boombox
1- SkyFi2 Dad's Boombox
Retired-
1- SkyFi1
1- MyFi
1- Commander (traded in Expedition)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

People might think your nuts for having so many XM subscriptions but I had 10 until a month ago when I cancelled 1 and was down to 9 but now with the Acadia, I'm back to 10. I even have 1 Sirius subscription. Can't do without satellite radio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

luvmyacadia said:
People might think your nuts for having so many XM subscriptions but I had 10 until a month ago when I cancelled 1 and was down to 9 but now with the Acadia, I'm back to 10. I even have 1 Sirius subscription. Can't do without satellite radio.
It's addicting if you love music.

When I first got XM 4 years ago it was like the new Acadia is now. I would take the long way home, find any excuse to drive to the store, and would sit in the car checking out channels when I got home. Just like driving the Acadia ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

luvmyacadia said:
It looks like we are twins. :cheers:
Skoal :beer:

I know from getting my dad's XM in his Escalade signed up, there was a code to go online. I entered it and it knew who he was & all and created an account.

I plan on doing this which will give me a 2nd account. I will then transfer one radio off my old account so I can get it on the family plan. I then will have only 2 radios @ $12.95 and the rest @ $6.99.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

That code is still active I just bought an inno for my Xm-less SLE. I told them it was for a new car and they activated. I'm supposed to get three months free then the next 12 for 77 dollars.

He even offered me a free roady xt and car kit but I would of had to activate it at that moment for 7 dollars a month. So I passed.

This site is the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

Dawgdaes said:
That code is still active I just bought an inno for my Xm-less SLE. I told them it was for a new car and they activated. I'm supposed to get three months free then the next 12 for 77 dollars.

He even offered me a free roady xt and car kit but I would of had to activate it at that moment for 7 dollars a month. So I passed.

This site is the best.
Please tell us the "script" you used with the XM rep. to get this price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

Dawgdaes said:
That code is still active I just bought an inno for my Xm-less SLE. I told them it was for a new car and they activated. I'm supposed to get three months free then the next 12 for 77 dollars.

He even offered me a free roady xt and car kit but I would of had to activate it at that moment for 7 dollars a month. So I passed.

This site is the best.
The Inno kicks butt. Now that you are a sub be sure to listen to XM online when on acadiafourm.net.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Re: XM Radio Renewal

MrBiz said:
Dawgdaes said:
That code is still active I just bought an inno for my Xm-less SLE. I told them it was for a new car and they activated. I'm supposed to get three months free then the next 12 for 77 dollars.

He even offered me a free roady xt and car kit but I would of had to activate it at that moment for 7 dollars a month. So I passed.

This site is the best.
Please tell us the "script" you used with the XM rep. to get this price.

I said I wanted to activate the XM radio for my new car. I said I have a flyer with a promotion code that will give me a years service for $77.00. I said I wanted to take advantage of the ZWINBACK promotion. He said ok.

I thought for sure once I gave him the radio number I would be busted but he said he took care of it. I said yes this is for my new car. I never said it did not come with the car and I bought is at Circuit City.

BTW I think I going to have to get a car kit. The reception sucks when driving north. I wonder if they can mount the antenna to the back of the rear view mirror or on the back of the roof behind the fixed antenna. I really dont want it on the front of roof it will just look like crap.
 
1 - 20 of 607 Posts
Top