GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the GM part number or even a recommended outlet to purchase a couple more headphones, we would like to have 4 in our acadia.

TIA

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: Wireless Headphones

You should be able to order from your GMC dealer. Either more of the wireless headphones that come with the entertainment system, or the noise canceling versions.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Actually, headphones are pretty universal as far as channels go. We have an audiovox aftermarket DVD in our Yukon and the phones to our factory installed system in the Acadia and the audiovox headphones work with both systems. I'd check Ebay first - you can get GM factory acessories pretty cheaply.

·
Registered
384 Posts

I bought 2 extra sets from Ebay for my 04 Denali. I don't have the DVD in Acadia but I'm sure you can buy them from Ebay as I did. They were factory headsets also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Extra DVD headphones.

Do I have to go through the GMC parts department for extra DVD headphones, or can I find a better deal with aftermarket?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Re: Extra DVD headphones.

I saw some of the factory headsets on ebay this morning. They should be priced better than buying them from the dealer.

·
Registered
113 Posts

I got two more GM headset through ebay for $65. Tried the cheaper aftermarket ones first and took them back. They didn't allow for two channels for listening to the radio. Plus the kids didn't like the fitting of them as well. So do NOT go through GM parts department.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Just curious how many headsets in all can be used simultaneously?

·
Registered
143 Posts

As many as you can fit in your car. ;D

They're speaking of wireless headsets. There are 2 plugs for wired headsets for radio(can be split many times), not sure if there are wired for the dvd.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

I got 4 extra on e-bay for $100. At times, I have 6 kids in the back all watching a movie while the to adults in the front listen to XM. It's nice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Simple DVD/headphone question

We just assumed the lease on a 07 Acadia and although the former owner was very helpful in walking me through the features of the car before we drove off I am unsure if we should have gotten wireless headphones for the DVD entertainment system. Are wireless headphones standard with all vehicles equipped with the DVD system or is it something they may not have purchased?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Simple DVD/headphone question

They sell all day long on eBay for $30-$40 each.

Hope you got the official, GM dealer receipt on the Envision head rests. If not, you may not have a warranty on them.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Clave Man said:
They sell all day long on eBay for $30-$40 each.

Hope you got the official, GM dealer receipt on the Envision head rests. If not, you may not have a warranty on them.
I contacted the former owner and confirmed that they never had any headphones. I will look for some on eBay. Thanks for the suggestion.

We have the single, flip down DVD screen so I hope the warranty concern you raised is not applicable.

·
Registered
113 Posts

If it's the factory "Panasonic" DVD entertainment system on the ceiling, you should have gotten the headphones (2 pair). Warranty shouldn't be an issue if it's the factory entertainment system.

·
Registered
427 Posts

phigment said:
I contacted the former owner and confirmed that they never had any headphones. I will look for some on eBay. Thanks for the suggestion.

We have the single, flip down DVD screen so I hope the warranty concern you raised is not applicable.
You should have 2 wireless headsets & a remote control for that DVD system.

·
Registered
158 Posts

This may be a stupid question, so my apologies... Have you looked in the storage bin in the back? Thats where ours were when we got the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts

satyric said:
This may be a stupid question, so my apologies... Have you looked in the storage bin in the back? Thats where ours were when we got the car.
No, thank you for the suggestion. I am at the office right now so I will ask my wife to look. Are you referring to the storage under the floor of the cargo area? There is only the cargo net and trailer hitch wire in there. I believe there are storage areas on the sides as well, which we will check.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Our dealer gave ours to us in a cardboard box. They definitely should have been included. I did buy some extras on ebay so you for sure can get some. It's a bummer they are not with the car. I'm surprised that someone paid money for the DVD system and never used the headphones. ???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.