Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Acadia (AWD) and was shocked to discover this week that there are very, very few winter tires available for this vehicle. Apparently 19" tires are quite an oddity. The second tire dealer I spoke to was finally able to locate four tires in Portland (I live in Northern Canada) which may arrive here in two weeks for $1800.00! I phoned the GMC dealer and they confirmed that there really aren't tires available for this vehicle!?!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Re: Winter Tires

It is my understanding that both the 18s and the 19s are new sizes and there are not any winter tires for either. The 18s don't even have another option available at all. Only the OEM tire is currently available. Michelin has a tire out now for the 19s as an aftermarket replacement, but it is not a snow tire.

If you look at other threads through this forum, you will see that some people have been able to modify the size slightly to get winter tires.

This is not unique to the Acadia or GM. Any time a manufacturer comes out with a new size, it takes a bit of time before the tire manufactures tool up to make that size. It won't be long and other options will be available.

·
Registered
487 Posts

Now 18's are a different story, I can't find anything that fits. The closest I could find was a 265 55R18, which is the correct diameter but may be a little wide. Only a tire dealer could tell you for sure if it would work.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

coloradoGM said:
Check these out for the 19's
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Ultra+Grip+SUV&partnum=555HR9UGSUVXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

Apparently tire dealers don't look to hard, heck these don't even look priced to bad 209 plus shipping.
These are 255/55HR19 and the Acadia is 255/60-19. These tires are smaller in diameter than the Acadia's tires. Most likely, Goodyear will make these in the right size, but as of right now, there is just nothing available.

·
Registered
468 Posts

GAR said:
These are 255/55HR19 and the Acadia is 255/60-19. These tires are smaller in diameter than the Acadia's tires. Most likely, Goodyear will make these in the right size, but as of right now, there is just nothing available.
That's what I thought too. The Enclaves are 255/60-19 but according to the GMC webpage the Acadia has 255/55-19 tires.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

Are you driving on ice as OEM tires are rated M/S or mud and snow rated? Tread design is for snow conditions. If driving on ice, you might want snow tires with softer rubber.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

zman said:
GAR said:
That's what I thought too. The Enclaves are 255/60-19 but according to the GMC web page the Acadia has 255/55-19 tires.
You are right, and that is amazing. Tire rack shows the 255/60-19 for the Acadia. I'm thinking that GMC has a mistake on their website, but I could be wrong. I have 18s so I cannot look at mine. Can someone with 19s on a GMC Acadia look at their tires and let us know what they are?

·
Registered
681 Posts

GAR said:
zman said:
GAR said:
That's what I thought too. The Enclaves are 255/60-19 but according to the GMC web page the Acadia has 255/55-19 tires.
You are right, and that is amazing. Tire rack shows the 255/60-19 for the Acadia. I'm thinking that GMC has a mistake on their website, but I could be wrong. I have 18s so I cannot look at mine. Can someone with 19s on a GMC Acadia look at their tires and let us know what they are?
I viewed the tires on my 2007 SLT with 19's the tires are P255/R60 - 19 - the web site is incorrect.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

johnway said:
I viewed the tires on my 2007 SLT with 19's the tires are P255/R60 - 19 - the web site is incorrect.
That's what I suspected. My 18s are 255/65-18 and for the 19s to be the same overall diameter they would need to be the 255/60-19s. Thanks for looking and posting!!

·
Registered
275 Posts

Another option is to get 18" or 17" on steel rims. I'm currently waiting for a few callbacks from both tire/wheel shops and the local GM dealership - if 17s fit over the brakes, might be the way to go.

·
Registered
101 Posts

17's are just wishful thinking...our 6 x 132mm bolt pattern isn't available, as yet, in that diameter...

·
Registered
9 Posts

Today I ordered a set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM-Z3's for my Acadia. Really the only option I could find was the 235/65R18's from Bridgestone. Yes a little smaller in diameter (about 1" total) and I welcome the narrower tread width for snow. I don't care if my speedo is off by 1-2mph! Snow and ice traction will be much better then the factory ones for sure.

·
Registered
87 Posts

w8nfsnow said:
Today I ordered a set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM-Z3's for my Acadia. Really the only option I could find was the 235/65R18's from Bridgestone. Yes a little smaller in diameter (about 1" total) and I welcome the narrower tread width for snow. I don't care if my speedo is off by 1-2mph! Snow and ice traction will be much better then the factory ones for sure.
Check with your dealer. When I mentioned I might opt for 20 inch wheels I asked about issues with changing the circumference of the tires. He said "after the new wheels are on, we program the tire pressure monitors, and flash the cars computer to pickup the new wheels". So.. you probably don't have to live with a wrong speedo if you're willing to pay for a re-flash of the computer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
winter tires at last!

I am in Canada, and just found out that TOYO tires are making winters in both the factory 18", and 19" sizes! I see that the US TOYO site is not showing these tires, but they are on the TOYO.CA site.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Re: winter tires at last!

glen said:
I am in Canada, and just found out that TOYO tires are making winters in both the factory 18", and 19" sizes! I see that the US TOYO site is not showing these tires, but they are on the TOYO.CA site.
There will be many a happy 18/19" tire owners happy to see this now if somone would make a set of 18/19" steel wheels to go with the Acadia so you can mount the winters on.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

This is great news. I look forward to other options coming out for replacement of the originals when they wear out as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I just bought a set of 18" GM factory take offs from EBAY for 500 bucks! The Toyo winters willl be permanently mounted on these. The bigger problem is having to install 4 more tire pressure sensors, and getting them flashed every time I do a change over!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Do they need to be flashed or can you just run the procedure in the manual?

·
Registered
912 Posts

I found a set of factory take offs for 138 bucks but they were 19's so the winters wouldn't fit the new wheels.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts