GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys my dashboard tire pressure indicator is wired backwards. I had the low pressure waring go off. Stopped to air up the front as was indicated and and I watched the rear tire pressure increase. Is this crazy or did the something go wrong with the tire rotation?

2008 SLE Acadia Pearl White.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Tire pressure Front is Back and Back is Front

Your sensor where not reset when the tires where rotated. You just need to reset, according to your owners manual. That, or leave it until the next rotation, and remember which is where. There is a thread on here as well for resetting the monitors. It's actually pretty easy if you have a compressor. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts

The same happened to me just took mine in for a tire rotation and the dealer didn't reset as they should have. Took back into them they hooked up a small box to each tire and reset them all. Took less then 2 minutes.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

Just try to remember to tell them about the TPMS

·
Registered
70 Posts

Resetting the TPMS, I believe it's in Section 5 of the manual. You do need a compressor though, as part of the procedure is to let air out of the tires so that the sensors can sense which tire is being manipulated. So, you'll need the compressor to fill the tires back up to 35 psi when you're all done! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

I've never reset mine on either my Acadia or Silverado.  If the TPMS shows one of the tires as low I'll just use a tire gauge (remember those?) to find out which one it is.

·
Registered
423 Posts

GeoHawk said:
I've never reset mine on either my Acadia or Silverado. If the TPMS shows one of the tires as low I'll just use a tire gauge (remember those?) to find out which one it is.
with you on that one, not worth the hassel. IMO it is just a gimmick that tickles some persons faanncy. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

Can't you just relearn tire positions through the DIC?

·
Registered
423 Posts

heck no, they should have made it that easy, but not sure how the comp. would know which pressure was where.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

So what is the use of the relearn tire position; time for the owner's manual

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

I got 4 new wheels and new sensors for my Dodge- it somehow detects where everything is when you drive it, at least as far as I know- all 4 are showing up.

·
Registered
87 Posts

jsimms said:
So what is the use of the relearn tire position; time for the owner's manual
This just puts the vehicle into the learn mode so you can adjust the tire pressure in order to teach the vehicle the location of each wheel.

·
Registered
87 Posts

:-\ I wonder if pulling the fuse to the DIC would cause the sensors to completely reset, and re-learn the positions? (The fuse you pull to activate the DIC when you add it on the SLE)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

biggs4040 said:
:-\ I wonder if pulling the fuse to the DIC would cause the sensors to completely reset, and re-learn the positions? (The fuse you pull to activate the DIC when you add it on the SLE)
Rebooting the DIC? Someone want to give that a shot; might need to relearn remotes (if installed)

·
Registered
87 Posts

jsimms said:
biggs4040 said:
Rebooting the DIC? Someone want to give that a shot; might need to relearn remotes (if installed)
I wouldn't think any remote relearning would be needed. I did this when I added the DIC, and my remotes work fine. If you have the Extended range, that could be a different story.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

biggs; run out there a give it a shot ;D

·
Registered
87 Posts

jsimms said:
biggs; run out there a give it a shot ;D
I'd love 2, but just had a discectomy 4 weeks ago. I can't contort to get into that spot yet. Maybe 2 more weeks. Anyone else want to try?

·
Registered
540 Posts

In my 2009 manual the TPMS Sensor Maching Process is on page 5-46. Check your manual. It is the whole page. I don't have time to post right now.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

Here's what the 07 manual says:

The TPMS sensor matching process is outlined
below:
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON with the engine off.
3. Using the DIC, press the vehicle information button until the PRESS V TO RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays. If your vehicle does not have the DIC buttons, press the trip odometer reset stem located on the instrument panel cluster until the RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays.
4. If your vehicle has the DIC buttons, press the set/reset button. The horn sounds twice to indicate the TPMS receiver is ready, and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message displays. If your vehicle does not have the DIC buttons, press and hold the trip odometer reset stem until the horn chirps twice and the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message is displayed.
5. Start with the driver side front tire. The driver side front turn signal lamp is on.
6. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire’s air pressure for five seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which may take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
7. Proceed to the passenger side front tire. The passenger side front turn signal lamp is on. Repeat the procedure in Step 6.
8. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire. The passenger side rear turn signal lamp is on. Repeat the procedure in Step 6.
9. Proceed to the driver side rear tire. The driver side rear turn signal lamp is on. Repeat the procedure in Step 6. Instead of a single horn chirp a double horn chirp signals the TPMS sensor has been matched to this tire and wheel position and the matching process is no longer active.
10. Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
11. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the Tire and Loading Information label.
12. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.

·
Registered
164 Posts

biggs4040 said:
Just follow the manual's instruction...it's so easy a cave man can do it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts