GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't think i would need them but my wife wants running boards. I don't remember the gm parts place to order, anybody help me with a web site?

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Re: Merged: Sides steps / running boards

They're a Buick & Cadillac dealer, but I've bought stuff from them by mail for my Firebird. They've become known on some of the F-body message boards. At least worth a call.

Jason Cromer: 800-498-2301 Sam Taylor Buick/Cadillac, Ft. Walton Beach, FL
http://www.samtaylor.com/MeetOurDepartments

·
Registered
16 Posts

If you are looking for the original GM running boards the best price I have found is GMpartsdirect.com. The part # is 12499965.
I got mine for $466 + 11 S&H for a total of $477 just last week. They are fairly easy to install and look great.

·
Registered
54 Posts

If you want something different from the factory running board, and don't cost as much, try www.sharpboards.com. They have boards to fit the 07 & 08. The part # is AP83 and the price is $229.00 plus about $30.00 shipping and they bolt on using the factory holes. I ordered a set a couple of days ago. If you are interested their number is 1-877-864-0644 and talk to Stephanie.

·
Registered
681 Posts

dla said:
If you want something different from the factory running board, and don't cost as much, try www.sharpboards.com. They have boards to fit the 07 & 08. The part # is AP83 and the price is $229.00 plus about $30.00 shipping and they bolt on using the factory holes. I ordered a set a couple of days ago. If you are interested their number is 1-877-864-0644 and talk to Stephanie.
Please show some pics when you get them installed. Thanks.
:worthless:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

A big thanks to all i think i have the info i needed. :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts

edbianc, can you please post some pictures of your acadia with the running boards(sideview) thanks a lot! avalon

·
Registered
16 Posts

Here are some pics of the GM-supplied running boards that I installed last week on my '08 Acadia. I am impressed with the quality and finish of these boards.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

This board is costing me money every time i look at it! I ordered my running boards from GMpartsdirect, and received them yesterday. being that i have no patience, i installed them last night, outside in the upper 20 degree temps.. I have to say, these things were a breeze to install yourself. I'd say after an initial 20 minutes of crawling around under the car, removing the sound foam, locating the holes, ect.. it went pretty smoothly. The hardest part was figuring out the directions, which are sort of lacking in the "step by step" department, but after the 1st bracket was installed, the rest went real easy. Now i can't wait for the sun to come up so i can go see what they look like!! :thumb:

·
Registered
294 Posts

dditzel said:
This board is costing me money every time i look at it! I ordered my running boards from GMpartsdirect, and received them yesterday. being that i have no patience, i installed them last night, outside in the upper 20 degree temps.. I have to say, these things were a breeze to install yourself. I'd say after an initial 20 minutes of crawling around under the car, removing the sound foam, locating the holes, ect.. it went pretty smoothly. The hardest part was figuring out the directions, which are sort of lacking in the "step by step" department, but after the 1st bracket was installed, the rest went real easy. Now i can't wait for the sun to come up so i can go see what they look like!! :thumb:
You sound like me --- when you get a new accessory or toy, you want to install it or play with it immediately! Nothing wrong with that!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Re: Running Boards

sharpboards said:
Acadia Forum Only Special:

Due to the many purchases we have received from Acadia Forum

We are offereing:
Special Pricing
Running boards $189.00 plus $30.00 shipping. = $219.00
Thank you :blob: :clap:

·
Registered
730 Posts

can i get a rebate then? ;D

·
Registered
234 Posts

Are these a straight bolt on to the under carriage?

·
Registered
403 Posts

So...no drilling required?

·
Registered
5 Posts

There is No drilling if your vehicle has the 4 factory holes..

We have seen one Acadia that had only two holes per side. In that case we used Tek screws to attach the other 2 brackets to the vehicle.

Stephanie

·
Registered
403 Posts

Do you have a link to the directions or a pdf you could shoot me? I wanna check it out...

1 - 20 of 107 Posts