GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the HVAC system do when Remote Start is used? Read the attachment.

RPO CJ2 is standard on my SLT2 and is described as, "HVAC System, Frt. Tri-Zone."

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: Remote Start / HVAC

Mine does exactly what the note in your attachment says--it has been cold here lately so when I open the car after I used remote start, the defroster is on full blast. As soon as I put the key in the ignition, it immediately reverts to the setting we had it at, normally 72 degrees, auto.

Great feature.

I love the looks on people's faces who are standing near the car when it "Starts itself".

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts

Yup, ours does exactly the same thing, I believe a Florida member (Racefla?) said it does the opposite - cranks up the AC - when it's warm outside.

·
Registered
200 Posts

That was a great attachment! Thanks for the detailed info. My wife really wanted the remote start...I could have cared less...She is going to really fall in love with the Acadia when I tell her that a lot more goes on inside the vehicle when you use the remote start!!! Wow! What a ride!

·
Registered
194 Posts

I like the fact that there is a temperature sensor on the car that decides whether to use air conditioning or heat, so it's not just a one season thing

·
Registered
619 Posts

I can't wait to try this Sat am after delivery of my new Carbon Met/Ebony SLT-2 AWD on Friday.

·
Registered
626 Posts

I think I read somewhere that it uses the outside air temp to decide what to do.

I also have had the problem where the temp sticks and takes it's time adjusting to the OT.

Last night we were at a ball game till 9:15pm. I hit the remote start as we stood around talking. Outside temp was low 50's. (Hey we freez our a$$ off down here below 60 ;)

When we finally got in the damn A/C was blowing full blast & the O/T was showing 82 degrees ??? The wife had a fit & I got the heat working. After we got going a few miles the O/T finally came down to 50.

I will make the complaint to service dept and hope that enough complaints will get something corrected. Others on this forum have had their temp's stick.

·
Registered
231 Posts

I also love that the car 'knows' what to do, depending on the outside temp.

It was 8 degF :eek: this morning when I got outside, but the car had been running for 10 minutes so it was nice and toasty inside.

How cold is 8 degrees? Cold enough so that when I started the car, I had the "HUD - warming up" message on the HUD for almost a minute. I hadn't seen that at all before. :)

·
Registered
523 Posts

Racefla said:
I think I read somewhere that it uses the outside air temp to decide what to do.

I also have had the problem where the temp sticks and takes it's time adjusting to the OT.

Last night we were at a ball game till 9:15pm. I hit the remote start as we stood around talking. Outside temp was low 50's. (Hey we freez our a$$ off down here below 60 ;)

When we finally got in the damn A/C was blowing full blast & the O/T was showing 82 degrees ??? The wife had a fit & I got the heat working. After we got going a few miles the O/T finally came down to 50.

I will make the complaint to service dept and hope that enough complaints will get something corrected. Others on this forum have had their temp's stick.
50's damn near time to turn the A/C on. ;)

·
Premium Member
822 Posts

coloradoGM said:
50's damn near time to turn the A/C on. ;)
At least in the spring. In the fall, 50 is about time to turn on the heater. It's all a matter of perspective. ;D

Kelly

·
Registered
73 Posts

I've noticed a couple times when the outside temp indicator was way off and took a few minutes to get in tune with reality. Happened when the car had been running and was warmed through, then parked for and hour or so. I particularly recall once recently when it read 80 when it was 54 outside (per a nearby outdoor display sign) and that's what it finally showed 2-3 minutes later. I theorized that residual engine heat had confused the temp sensor, but have not verified that as the cause. I did not use remote start on that occasion, but suspect I would have got a/c instead of heat. Whenever I used remote start in my car port, the HVAC has done the right thing, but the car has always been sitting for many hours and is well soaked to the outside temperature.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts

GaryB said:
I've noticed a couple times when the outside temp indicator was way off and took a few minutes to get in tune with reality. Happened when the car had been running and was warmed through, then parked for and hour or so. I particularly recall once recently when it read 80 when it was 54 outside (per a nearby outdoor display sign) and that's what it finally showed 2-3 minutes later. I theorized that residual engine heat had confused the temp sensor, but have not verified that as the cause. I did not use remote start on that occasion, but suspect I would have got a/c instead of heat. Whenever I used remote start in my car port, the HVAC has done the right thing, but the car has always been sitting for many hours and is well soaked to the outside temperature.
A number of Saturn Outlook owners have reported this issue with the outside temperature sensor. Unfortunately, the Saturn Fans forum is down at the moment (again; I'm spoiled by this board and its stable software).

Kelly

·
Registered
626 Posts

I have already seen 99degres on mine last week when we were in the 80's. It had been parked outside all day.

I wonder how high it goes?

·
Registered
619 Posts

Remote start worked just like advertised (and in the attachment). Nice and toasty warm seats and cabin.

·
Registered
626 Posts

tymj said:
My Chrysler has gone up to 112 (when it was only about 100 out)
Not to rub it in for all yuse guize up No'rt.

At noon it showed 106 & went down to the real outside of 83 in a mile of travel.

What's it going to show in the summer?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Question on the Remote Start....

For those lucky bast*rds who already have their Acadia's---

When you press the key fob for remote start, what accessories come on as well? Does A/C or heat come on? Does it come on with the settings that were in place when you last turned the engine off? Does it adjust the mirrors and seats depending on what key fob was used?

Thanks...trying to learn all I can as I wait for delivery... ;D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Question on the Remote Start....

This has been discussed before so you may want to search for additional info but I'll tell you what I know. The HVAC system senses what the outside temperature is and either cools or heats the vehicle automatically when using the remote start. I don't know about the seats or mirrors, sorry.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Re: Question on the Remote Start....

I think the memory adjustments happen when you unlock the doors not when you start it.

1 - 20 of 360 Posts