GMC Acadia Forum banner

how do you describe your acadia to other people?

• car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • truck

• suv

• crossover

• other

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by my local GMC dealer today (30 miles away) to take a test drive.

Here is what surprised me. When he found out that it would be for me, he kind of chuckled and asked if it was "manly" enough looking for me. I kind of laughed it off and said I was wondering the same thing. I actually had at first, but the more I have looked at it I dont believe it is a feminine looking vehicle at all. Much more stylish, yes, then a Yukon.

He said they designed it to bring females to the brand. I think he realized quickly that what he was saying did not mattter much to me because he never brought it up again. It did seem like he was trying to push me into a Yukon instead, which I had planned on test driving as well. They only had one Acadia on the lot, w/ all the toys, and at least ten Yukons. He also said he play with the numbers much more wih the Yukon. Did'nt discuss prices any further.

As for the test drive. Nice, very nice. I hope to take a longer test drive soon. Amazing the difference of driving between the Acadia and Yukon. Yukon is definetly truck based, but nice as well in its own way. It does seem much larger inside and out. Hard to believe the insides of the Acadia are larger. I think that says alot for the Acadia design team. An amazing vehicle that drives so much smaller than it really is.

So, what do you alll think, is the Acadia feminine looking?
[/color]

This could be a good poll if the Admin wants to post it.

Thanks in advance.

gg

·
Registered
143 Posts
Re: Acadia = Feminine?

Definitely not a feminine looking vehicle! The primary drivers may end up being majority female, but this has nothing to do with the looks of the vehicle. I am male and I am looking at the vehicle for my family. However, I would be the primary driver. Wife has her own kid hauler.

On a side note, in our area, it seems more females drive Yukons, Suburbans, and Tahoes then men.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts

I can only assume he meant in comparison to Yukons. Now I can see how GMC needed a vehicle that didn't alienate female buyers, but it never even crossed my mind that the Acadia would be considered feminine. Every single male relative and friend that I've shown it to loves it!

·
Registered
26 Posts

I would call it a very weak attempt to sell a Yukon....I'm guessing he's not the salesman of the month. :D

·
Premium Member
969 Posts

graffx4 said:
I would call it a very weak attempt to sell a Yukon....I'm guessing he's not the salesman of the month. :D
My thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
794 Posts

Hey, a mini van would be feminine. Thats why I got the Acadia.
220 horses (or less) would be feminine, see above.
A single exhaust pipe sticking out the back would be really feminine (whoa, I think I'll stop now)

·
Registered
166 Posts

Even though the Acadia will be for my wife, the reason I pushed for it so much was the non-feminine factor. Much more manly than a Pacifica. I won't be ashamed to be seen driving the Acadia.

·
Registered
215 Posts

graffx4 said:
lol yeah. pretty much what I was thinking when I read that. Hmm, let's see. How to reply to an idiot salesman.....
"Doesn't look feminine to me, but then again, I don't need a car to show or prove my manliness. Why do you?"

·
Registered
45 Posts

I actually had to do some selling, as my Wife thought it was too masculine because of the giant GMC badge in the front grill!

·
Registered
458 Posts

My wife and I both love the look of the Acadia. She's not a fan of the name though. I have never thought for a moment that the Acadia was feminine. If you want to see a feminine car, then take a look at the Pontiac G6.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Ha ha.. this one's funny... have any females posted on this thread yet?
Ok, I'll bite.... I dont think the Acadia looks feminine - and really, my husband was trying EVERYTHING in his power to swade me from any mini-van. His comments were always.. if you get one sweetie - I'll NEVER drive it. Well, we got our beautiful and studly Acadia - and I think he's jealous that he's not driving it every day.
However, I will also say that the Acadia styling has enough curves and attractive lines to appeal to us ladies... is this such a bad thing?
Be brave boys - I say you're manhood is very safe with this one!

·
Registered
42 Posts

This is exactly why I bought the Acadia. My wife wanted a mini-van and I would do anything so save my "man-hood". I think this car looks great and can't wait to get it.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts

Does this mean we are all metro-sexuals now?

: P

·
Registered
23 Posts

I have to say that it may qualify as "too feminine" if it actually had a place to put your purse. That's the one thing designers tend to overlook.

But seriously, I don't think it's feminine...just ask my hubby...he's been BEGGING to drive it and I just won't let him yet!

·
Registered
194 Posts

I really don't think it's feminine, if you want feminine look at the enclave

·
Registered
200 Posts

Feminine...no way. My brother drives a RX300...my wife thinks that's feminine...and this is a woman who is going from a Armada (her nickname for it is the beast) to a Acadia...it may not take on the name of "the beast"...but I know she will come up with something tough sounding!!!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts