GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Dubai and had called the GMC showroom here. I was told that there is no bluetooth option available for 2009 models (even if fully loaded). Wondering if that could be really true. Could'nt find it mentioned in the website either. Any comments.

I'm out of country now, but will pay a visit once I'm there.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Re: Middle East Specs - NO BLUETOOTH ??? !!!

Welcome to the forum. You will be dealing with export models, which are obviously different than those used by members in the US/Canada. We have a few members here in the Middle East that own Acadias, so hopefully they will see this thread and maybe they can assist you.

Another new member had a question about the Bluetooth, if you browse or search the Audio/Video section here, you will find some information pertaining to it and the Acadia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bluetooth for Acadia 2009

Hi,

I have purchased Acadia 2009 SLT2 recently. The car is awesome and I have no complains. But due to some unknown reason the cars supplied in GCC region (I am based in Dubai, UAE) GM have removed the Bluetooth option completely. Even the voice recognition system is disabled as there is no mic installed in the car. I have no idea how much cost they have saved by doing so as I have paid around 47.6K US$ for this car.

Anyone have any idea can I install any other bluetooth kit which integrates into the audio system and use the bluetooth buttons available on starring wheel, just like what it supposed to be.

I asked GMC to provide me the bluetooth kit and I was ready to pay for it but their answer is that we don't have any bluetooth option in Acadia 2009 model supplied in this region. It is really bad as bluetooth is a standard in 2009 model in US and all over the world and in fact bluetooth is the big difference between 2008 and 2009 model.

It is really fraustrating :help:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Re: Bluetooth for Acadia 2009

Since these are export vehicles, I'm not sure what is different about them vs the ones sold here.

I am going to ask admin to create an export vehicle board for issues like these since we have several members in the middle east driving an Acadia.

In the meantime, if it is not there, you're in the same boat as 2007-08 owners. There have been discussions of adding factory Bluetooth here. The most relevant one I found was this one:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5542.0

I'm merging this thread with a similar one from Raj and moving it to the AV/Nav section. I didn't see an answer in his thread either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine has Bluetooth.
2009 GMC Acadia SLT-2

Once the phone is paired, it will stay connected, but once I try to call using the voice activation or the saved numbers in the nav system it disconnects. When I first started using the bluetooth system, it worked fine, then after a day it went to only staying connected unless you needed it. I have performed a master reset on my phone and it has not helped.

has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Gmc Acadia 2010 and there are all those buttons and stuff but when I press the bluetooth button for 5 seconds, I hearr no sound or anything..I can't actvate bluetooth in my car....plz helkp..btw I live in Jeddah...

·
Registered
283 Posts
From the previous posts on this thread it looks like the export Acadias don't have the Bluetooth feature (why I wouldn't know :shrug: ). Just in case the 2010 export vehicles do, are you trying to sink your Bluetooth enabled phone?

My guess is if you are not hearing any sound after pressing the call button for five seconds the 2010 exports are not equipped for Bluetooth either. Even if I don't have my cell phone turned on and I press the call button for five seconds I hear "Ready" and if I say "Dial" the system comes back with "Number Please." I say a number and the system will say "Dialing using Onstar."

What version Acadia do you have? I know in 2009 the SLE didn't come with Bluetooth. Not sure if that's true for the 2010 versions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi
i have the same problem with bluetooth in my brand new acadia,
i am living in UAE , when i press the button for 3 seconsds no Speech recognition and nothing happends

Thanks
Joju

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi everybody. I am an Acadia owner based in the UAE, too. They do not come equipped with bluetooth here. My friend's got a brand new 2011, SLT2 fully loaded, and it doesn' come with bluetooth either. The only way out - aftermarket stuff.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I bet you don't have Onstar either

Sent from my iPhone 3G S using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts