GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have our 3rd baby on the way now and we are realizing that the captains chair option is probably a better setup for 3 infant/toddler seats. Of course we have the 2nd row bench. :'( So.... does anybody know if the captains chairs are an easy swap or are the seat tracks completely different?

Moderator edit
Thread retitled to assist those searching in the future.

According to research done by member 670hoth in Post 18 of this thread, it is possible to do so.[/color]

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Re: Captains Chairs Swap?

Tracks are different. You can't switch out the seats. We tried because the dealer had a bench exactly like we wanted. We asked if we could switch and they went through a bunch of things at GM to be told no.

·
Registered
30 Posts
replace bench seat with captains chairs? Wanna swap?

Does anyone know if you can replace a second row bench seat with captains chairs?

If it is possible would anyone wanna swap? I have tan leather in a Saturn Outlook.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Re: replace bench seat with captains chairs? Wanna swap?

This question has been addressed elsewhere on the forum, but the short answer is it won't work. The tracks are in different locations on the floor.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Thanks loach - much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

loach said:
This question has been addressed elsewhere on the forum, but the short answer is it won't work. The tracks are in different locations on the floor.
Although this could be a good "excuse" to upgrade to a 2009. :)

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

GAR said:
loach said:
Although this could be a good "excuse" to upgrade to a 2009. :)
:ditto: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
112 Posts

I have three kids, and bench type set up works better. You have more options to sit and cargo disturbed thru out the car. The captain seat will work good for family of four much better. My parents came for one of weekends and we have be able fit all in one car and go to DC. So like this situation is not happening to often, BUT.....It's always BUT.

·
Registered
912 Posts

We were going to go with teh captains but decided it would be a better option to stick with teh bench with 4 kids and having to drive others to hockey practice etc a bench was far more practical.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: Replacing Bench Seats with Captains Chairs

::)

Despite the fact that there are multiple threads on this, I'll answer. Just so you know, it's pretty poor form to simply jump into a forum and fire away with a bunch of questions without any form of introduction. Yes, it's an online forum, but there's still basic netiquette. It's even worse to do so when it's a question that has already been asked more than once.

To answer your question - no.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Re: Replacing Bench Seats with Captains Chairs

Welcome to the forum. You'll find plenty of help here but as the member above suggested, some more info is in order.

The details to your questions can be found by using the proper search button as listed in my signature.

For many "retrofits" (i.e. where you are trying to add or change factory equipment), it is relatively easy. Others are not really feasible. The nature of the mounting makes the bench to chairs fall into the second category. If you are shopping, it is very easy to find a captain chair equipped (7 passenger seating) Acadia in the SLT trim and many in the SLE trim based on what I've seen for sale and produced.

If you own one, please update your signature.

EDIT
Moving to interior section.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replace 2nd Row Bench w/ Captain's Chairs

Does anyone know how big a deal it would be to swap the 2nd row bench out for captain's chairs? I think I can get the Captain's chairs from a wreck. Is the floor pan the same? Do I need a whole new carpet or just different plastic trim plates, etc... Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Re: Replace 2nd Row Bench w/ Captain's Chairs

Have you tried the search function? Your carpet is cut for a bench configuration, but I think the seats should bolt in place

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Acadia Aficionado said:
Have you tried the search function? Your carpet is cut for a bench configuration, but I think the seats should bolt in place
Good advice. The search function is the box to the right of the magnifying glass above and to the right. This topic has been discussed, so you should be able to find an answer.

Post moved to interior section.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I did indeed try the search function bur found very little info. Hoepfully someone else will have some info on this. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

Searched entire forum for captains bench:

It took some reading, but was still on the first page. Reply #21:

Captains Chairs Swap?

Question: Of course we have the 2nd row bench. So.... does anybody know if the captains chairs are an easy swap or are the seat tracks completely different?

First response (thanks mckcab)
Tracks are different. You can't switch out the seats. We tried because the dealer had a bench exactly like we wanted. We asked if we could switch and they went through a bunch of things at GM to be told no.

I'll merge this thread with the correct one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just an FYI,

I researched this further including looking at units with bench and captain chairs as well as looking at parts diagrams and used seats on ebay. I am quite convinced that despite the info to the contrary this change can be made very easily. The tracks under the rug that are said too be different are actually part of the seat! If you buy used seats with these tracks (which is how they all are listed on ebay) they will bolt right in. You will need different floor mats for sure. The only thing I am not sure is if you need a different trim panel of any sort around the seats. I really don't think so. I also think the carpet is the same since the parts listings don't seem to list different carpets.

I have not done this upgrade since I bought one with the captain chairs but I am convinced that this should be an easy.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Thanks for doing the research. Original post updated for future searchers. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts