GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interior dome lights do not come on when I open the doors. Am I missing something? I have tried different settings with the knob that adjusts the brightness on the dash with no luck. Where is the seetting to make them come on when a door is opened? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Re: Interior Dome Lights

From the Getting to Know Your Acadia manual:

Dome Lamps
The dome lamps will come on when a
door is open. The lamps also can be
turned on by fully rotating the instrument
panel brightness control knob clockwise.
To disable the dome lamps, press the
(Dome Lamp Override) button
located above the instrument panel
brightness control knob.

The following is an image of the symbol on the button you need to press right above the dimmer control knob:

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Re: Interior Dome Lights

I just wanted to let you know I had terrible trouble finding the right button to turn the dome lights on when a door opened. It's there, but IMO, the manual was not as clear as it should have been.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interior lighting

I have none. I actually thought I had to manually turn them on...hmmm...WOuld be nice to open the door and see a light on. Gotta take it in to get that fixed.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: Interior lighting

Do you have them turned off? There is a button to do that.

·
Registered
492 Posts

That reminds me to go out & turn mine back on.

I turned them off while I had the hatch open & playing the radio while waxing her today.

·
Registered
111 Posts

The button was VERY hard for me to find. I had to have help, but it is definitely there.

·
Registered
542 Posts

My son turned mine off once. took me a minute to find the button. It does not even look like a button. It is right around the switch for the heated washed fluid above your left kneee and slightly below the level of the steering wheel. You might have to get out of the car to see it easily. Punch it and the interior lights should come on again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Now the dome light doesn't work after tranny flash!!

I didn't notice it until this morning when i opened the door. No dome lights. Played with the override, no effect. They will come on when i turn the knob to detent, but not with any door or liftgate. I had the tranny flashed Monday and now this. I played with everything in the DIC, but no luck yet. Any ideas out there before i head back to the dealer?
Thanks, Jerry

·
Registered
542 Posts
Re: Now the dome light doesn't work after tranny flash!!

Not sure what the override is but did you check the dome light button just above your left knee? It is not an obvios switch but it does turn on and off the dome lights and can be easily missed

·
Registered
362 Posts

Yep. There is a switch above the little dial that adjusts the interior light brightness.

·
Registered
681 Posts

I have gotten my car back with the dome lights turned off, I think they do that to try to avoid draining the battery if their work requires them to have the door open the entire time they are working on it.

·
Registered
104 Posts

I tried posting the other day, but was having problems doing so but hopefully it'll work now.
I thought the override was the intensity button, but after reading the other post realized there must be another switch there. And it is, so now they work and i learned something new.

·
Registered
105 Posts

I watched the tech at the dealer the other day, the first thing he did was reach inside and turn off the dome.

·
Registered
362 Posts

wearefla said:
I wtched the tech at the dealer the other day, the first thing he did was reach inside and turn off the dome.
Probably to keep the battery from draining too much. Who knows?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

Yup, the Tech turned off my dome/interior dash light switch before flash too. I had my flash done in the evening and was dark out when car was finished an hour later. Took me a few seconds to determine the problem. Turned the dome switch and good to go! Guess was done for preventative drain on the battery as someone had suggested, is my guess too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
MERGED: Interior Lights not working / Off control button