GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my wife a used 08 with 10,000 miles on it. This may sound like a dumb question but what is lambda? Another questions how would I find out if the all the updates and recalls have been done on this vehicle. It was bought from a Chevrolet dealer and is supposed to GM certified. So far we really love it.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
294 Posts
Re: Newbie with questions

Lambda is the internal GM name for the platform of the Acadia, Enclave, Outlook, & Traverse. GMT360 is the platform for the full size pickups, GMT355 for the Colorado & Canyon, Kappa for the Solstice & Sky, and so forth.

By the way, welcome to the forum --- lots of great members on here!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

mikeee41 - Congratulations on the car!!! Enjoy! :)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

Welcome also- to check on the open recalls or updates, you can go to any GM dealer and have them check it in the GMVIS- GM Vehicle Info System. The selling dealer should have done this before you got it, but it would not hurt to check it. I'd make a call to them first to see if it was done before going anyplace.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

Congrats on the purchase Mike. I can check GMVIS for you if you want to PM me the last 8 digits of the VIN#.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

Thanks for offering Geo- I didn't want to "volunteer" you again. :)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Thanks for offering Geo- I didn't want to "volunteer" you again. :)
No problem, I understand. ;D

·
Registered
423 Posts

GeoHawk said:
Congrats on the purchase Mike. I can check GMVIS for you if you want to PM me the last 8 digits of the VIN#.
GeoHawk can you check my car too. :angel:

I recently bought used too and this information would be handy. I have had the same questions the OP has for a few weeks now. You will make me sleep better at night. ;D

Also, Is there a way to find out what services were done within the dealer network?

OP sorry for the hijack

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

Chop-Chop said:
GeoHawk said:
GeoHawk can you check my car too. :angel:

I recently bought used too and this information would be handy. I have had the same questions the OP has for a few weeks now. You will make me sleep better at night. ;D

Also, Is there a way to find out what services were done within the dealer network?

OP sorry for the hijack
Sure, I can check yours, just send me a PM with the VIN. GMVIS will only show warranty/recall work, so you would have to check with the dealer for a regular service history.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have Fixes been applied

New to forum
New Acadia owner but not a new Acadia. build date 6/2007.
Prior owner was a major rental company. Found documents that indicate it was Hertz.
From the build date, may be after the washer fluid heater and transmission shifting issues, but I am not sure.

Is there any way to find out if fixes (software term) have been applied to my Acadia?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Topics Merged[/color]

new2me, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. I Merged your topic with another existing Thread, someone asked the same thing on the 18th of Dec. If you ask nicely someone (read the thread to find members name)may be able to help you out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts