GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the Acadia is due for a redesign or refresh? I just eyed the new GMC Terrain. I like the styling, it's squared off like an Escalade. I'm wondering if any of that styling will carry over to the Acadia. Those flip-up DVDs are nice. Direct Injection too. I'm thinking about when I'll be replacing my '07 Acadia.

http://jalopnik.com/5198774/2010-gmc-terrain-rugged-looks-and-30-mpg

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Re: When is Acadia due for a refresh/redesign?

Well I'll say this (concerning the Terrain)they are really trying to make the GMC WAY different than the Chevy....a good thing. Not sure if I like the GMC as much as the 2010 Chevy Equinox, I would have to see it in different lights, different colors, and in person to really tell.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

The Terrain almost reminds me of a Pilot.  :-\

·
Registered
6,233 Posts

Presumably way too soon for an Acadia redesign since 07 was the first year. Don't look for one before 11 or 12. Terrain? That's the first I've seen of that model and I don't expect it to win any sales contests anytime soon. Yuk.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

GeoHawk said:
The Terrain almost reminds me of a Pilot. :-\
I see a weird combo of the Cadillac SRX & Pilot (front end), Acadia (rear quarter), and (yuck!) Aztek (side).

·
Registered
61 Posts

IMO...This may be one of those vehicles that looks better in darker paint colors. I like the black paint in the press images at the bottom of the Jalopnik article, but I don't care for the tan/gold - makes the fender flares contrast too much with the slab-sided doors and looks way too much like a Hummer H3 in that area.

L.S.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts

SRX is somewhat attractive and the redesigned model looks sharp. The Pilot on the other hand wins the ugly contest as do most of the Hondas.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Re: New GMC Terrain info (pics included)

I agree that at first glance I'm not too excited about the exterior styling. I prefer the more rounded lines of the 2010 Equinox to the squared off styling of the Terrain. I do like the Terrain's grill though, and I think the overall styling may grow on me.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

I like it well enough that I hope to buy one for the replacement of my Wife's Chevy Tracker. Now I just need to convince her that it is not too big for her. :)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

loach said:
I agree that at first glance I'm not too excited about the exterior styling. I prefer the more rounded lines of the 2010 Equinox to the squared off styling of the Terrain. I do like the Terrain's grill though, and I think the overall styling may grow on me.
The exterior reminds me of a Jeep

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I think it looks better in the youtube video than in the gminsidenews pics. One thing that bums me out about it is looking at the center stack, it appears that it will be impossible to put an aftermarket radio in it. It's not modular like the Lambdas, which easily take double-din swaps. I was hoping to put an aftermarket Kenwood nav radio in my next vehicle - doesn't appear that could happen with the Terrain. Unfortunately, I think a lot of compact to mid-size CUVs are like that these days - just drove a Murano SL last week and there would be no way to put one in there either.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
replacement for the Envoy?
but I love the GMC in the side of the tail lights.. That looks nice

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
bonk1313 said:
replacement for the Envoy?
but I love the GMC in the side of the tail lights.. That looks nice
I think it's more of a direct replacement of the Torrent. But certainly it might attract former Envoy shoppers as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe that the Terrain is influenced by the 2005 Graphyte Concept. Certainly the grill is.

Reviewing the Graphyte concept, I wish that the Terrain copied its entire exterior.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/76932,8645/2005-GMC-Graphyte_photo.aspx

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z8645/GMC-Graphyte.aspx

The Terrain exterior is purposely polarizing, love it or hate it. I give it an 8 out of 10, with the rear tail lights too minivanish. The fenders are certainly ostentatious, but once I realized that they're part of the sheet metal, I've grown to appreciate the complex fabrication required to form the interface to the body.

Apparently, the Terrain doesn't offer a HUD or dual-zone climate control.

I hope the next Acadia more closely resembles the Graphyte than the Terrain.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
tekwarrior said:
I believe that the Terrain is influenced by the 2005 Graphyte Concept. Certainly the grill is.

Reviewing the Graphyte concept, I wish that the Terrain copied its entire exterior.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/76932,8645/2005-GMC-Graphyte_photo.aspx

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z8645/GMC-Graphyte.aspx

The Terrain exterior is purposely polarizing, love it or hate it. I give it an 8 out of 10, with the rear tail lights too minivanish. The fenders are certainly ostentatious, but once I realized that they're part of the sheet metal, I've grown to appreciate the complex fabrication required to form the interface to the body.

Apparently, the Terrain doesn't offer a HUD or dual-zone climate control.

I hope the next Acadia more closely resembles the Graphyte than the Terrain.
Notice the Goodyear's? I wonder if those are "special size"

Otherwise; the exterior is too much for me

1 - 20 of 51 Posts