GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised their website still acts as if you can order a 2007 model. Even the pictures are still outdated. I'm fairly new to this aspect of auto release dates, does anyone know when the website will be brought up to speed?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: When will GMC update their website to 2008 info?

They will usually keep the info on the site until the majority of '07s are gone. Most manufacturers will list the new model about a month or two after they are on the ground. GM has been pretty good about keeping the internet site updated, while others (*cough* CHRYSLER *cough*)... not so much.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Any Info on 2008 Acadia website?

I was wondering if anyone knows the general time frame that we can expect to see the GMC website updated to reflect the 2008 models. By the same token the dealers are apparently not allowed to show 08 inventory either. My dealer has 9, 2008 models sitting in the lot but only 1 2007 shows up on the web site. I haven't followed GM long enough to know whats normal but any day now would be just fine with me. I'd sure like to be able to search the area to see whats out there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Re: Any Info on 2008 Acadia website?

We went to the two "secret" off property lots and they had several 08's on the ground, so to speak. They also have several in bound on the train. I keep wanting 08 info as well since we may end up buying one - there aren;'t too many 07's left.

·
Registered
13 Posts

I'm surprised it's not updated at this point. I picked up my '08 a week ago Saturday and someone else was picking their '08 up the following day. My digital camera was out of order and now up and running. I will take pics tomorrow and try and post tomorrow night.

·
Registered
246 Posts

Tom H said:
I was wondering if anyone knows the general time frame that we can expect to see the GMC website updated to reflect the 2008 models.
I thought I read somewhere that the website would be updated mid august. ???

·
Registered
13 Posts

To search your area for 2008 inventory, refer to: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=13.0
Works the same way on gmc.com, i.e. change in the url - year to 2008, maximum count, and proximity. This is my first post, so I hope this helps out and that I did it right. It was one of the first threads I read back when I started researching. Saw the 2007 "black" and the 2008 "black" on a local lot this past weekend, but it wasn't the first time I've seen a 2008 sitting on that lot. Have fun searching!

·
Registered
122 Posts

txred,

Many thanks for the tip! It worked out great and at last all the 2008 Acadias on my dealers lot are visible online. It's a great way to view the on hand stock in the entire area. Sadly, it looks as though I will need to custom order if I decide to go with the Acadia.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Tom - How did you get to the 08's - I cannot see how to do it. I didn't see a place in the URL to edit like you said. I want to see if what they told me below is indeed true.

I talked to my dealer today and they cannot locate my specs (the closest to my specs was inbound to Texas but I would have to pay to ship - my husband ix'nayed that one - this is costing enough as it as and we can wait!!!) But they have orders that have been accepted but still have time to be modified - so he said maybe 6-8 weeks. That sounds like standard Acadia order time, I wonder if it would actually be sooner if it is already "accepted"? Maybe by a couple of days......

·
Registered
122 Posts

Go here: http://www.gmbuypower.com/ .

In the lower left section of the page select [Build Your Own] choose 2007 (default) then select GMC as the brand. Next choose Acadia and enter your zip code. Hit [build]. At the top of your browser you should see the entire URL for what you have just selected. Locate the year 2007 in the line and change the 7 to an 8. Hit go on the far right and the entire screen will reload with the 2008 version and pricing.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Thanks - got it this time. It appears they were being truthful with me. It looks like we will be waiting a little while. But, at least I am happy with the decision!

·
Registered
3 Posts

2008 Acadia Info from a GM Website

Deletions

(62U) Carbon Metallic exterior

New Features

(12U) Dark Crimson Metallic exterior color
(58U) Carbon Black Metallic extra cost exterior color
(94U) Platinum Ice Tricoat extra cost exterior color (available January 2008)
(UVC) Rearview camera system
(DK1) Console, second row (available Fall 2007)

Changes

(PDC) Cargo Convenience Package is now (PDM) Cargo Convenience Package
(SLE-1) Standard with (ABC) 8-passenger seating

·
Registered
65 Posts
GMC Acadia website update

In case you haven't visited the GMC Acadia website, it has now been updated to include some 2008 features. It still has the title bar "2007 GMC Acadia", but the picture galleries have additional 2008 pictures (I know because the caption indicates so) and the color selection now includes "Carbon Black Metallic", the "Dark Crimson Metallic", and the 3 flavors of white ("White Diamond Tricoat", "Platinum Ice Tricoat", and "Summit White")

·
Registered
17 Posts
GMC Website 2009 Models?

Any news on when GMC will update their website and include 2009 models?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Re: GMC Website 2009 Models?

Good question. I've been wondering the same thing for over a month. With the 2008 model still up there, I can't even order a 2009 Acadia brochure.

·
Registered
66 Posts

I noticed that GM Canada updated the Acadia website yesterday so I'm sure the US site will be done soon too.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

I was told in an email from GMC support, that it would be updated towards the end of September...
............... Maybe they meant September 2009 :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
533 Posts

This has really been a sucky way for GM to run that portion of their web site. :soapbox: I'd been trying to build my '09 for a long time - at least since they began to build them. Could be a good tool - if it worked!

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

We talked about this on some other threads. When you goto the GMC site, you can build your GMC, select FWD or AWD, When it takes you to the next screen to pick SLE, SLT1, SLT2, go to the top of the URL address line. Click on the line and look for where it says "2008" Change the "8" to a "9" and then enter. This will then display some of the 2009 options. I don't think it has all of them, but atleast some of them.

htp://www.gmc.com/byo/byoSelectStyle.gc?cabSizeId=&cabSize=&cabSizeLength=0&boxSizeId=&boxSize=&driveTypeId=8&driveType=AWD%20&wheelBaseId=&wheelBase=&imageNameExt=&pvc=104&iPi=2&fPi=5&typeClicked=drive&brand=
acadia&site=&originatingBrand=acadia&make=gc&zip=75081&makeId=012&model=Acadia&subModelId=
322&year=2008[/color]&modelId=111

You can follow this link, to the 2009 stuff, using the method above.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts