GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You would think that they would test them before giving back the vehicle. Passenger side doesn't work. Here are a few pics though. Anyone know where the control module for the TV's is located?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does anyone know where the controller is installed in their acadia? i think i have a loose wire that needs tending to.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: New headrest dvd's installed

"Bring It On"?

LOL

I've wondered where the control module is myself. I would like to run the AUX output to the iPod adaptor that I have (which includes and AUX input).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Headrest DVD Players?

I've found 2 Acadias close by that are the color I want with the right options, except neither has a DVD player (which is a must). I'm really interested in the DVD players that are IN the headrests. Is that something that the dealership can install or would I be better off going to a A/V store and having them do it? Does anyone know about how much a pair runs installed?

Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Re: Headrest DVD Players?

I know on the GMC website they show DVD players in the headrests as an option, however, I didn't see anywhere that you could price it out. Might want to just call a local dealer and get the skinny.

http://www.gmc.com/acadia/acadia/index.jsp

·
Registered
681 Posts

I saw them in an Acadia on the floor at my dealer while having the tranny flash done. They had a brochure, I have attached a scanned copy of the brochure for you to look at. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts

I got the integrated DVD player with flip-down screen, but the dealership did offer the headrest units as an 'aftermarket' accessory. They just contract out to a local place that does all their work for them.

·
Registered
659 Posts

Anyone know the price of these, installed, which I guess just means the wiring for power. Do you have to buy two?

·
Registered
683 Posts

There are ones on Ebay that I believe are the same units as OEM. Price was around $1400, but you'd need to find someone to install them yet.

·
Registered
681 Posts

I have attached a screen shot of the www.gmaccessorieszone.com website - the MSRP is $1850 - I do not have the installation costs. You should try to get the dealer to get them at cost rather than MSRP, the MSRP seems very high.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts

And something is ringing a bell that you would not be able to get the dolby 5.1 sound if you went this route vs. the overhead unit.

May not be important to some but wanted to mention it...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Headrest DVD System (dealer installed option)

I am getting ready to order my Acadia soon and had some questions that the community may be able to help me with in regards to the Dealer installed Headrest DVD System option.

- Does this DVD system only provide sound through the provided wireless headphones or is the system wired to the Bose sound system?
- Did the dealer charge an installation cost above the system price ($1,850 manufacturer suggested price)?
- For those Acadia owners that went with the headrest DVD system, are you happy you went with this option vs. getting the standard flip down DVD system offered by the manufacturer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: Headrest DVD System (dealer installed option)

SEL said:
I am getting ready to order my Acadia soon and had some questions that the community may be able to help me with in regards to the Dealer installed Headrest DVD System option.

- Does this DVD system only provide sound through the provided wireless headphones or is the system wired to the Bose sound system?
- Did the dealer charge an installation cost above the system price ($1,850 manufacturer suggested price)?
- For those Acadia owners that went with the headrest DVD system, are you happy you went with this option vs. getting the standard flip down DVD system offered by the manufacturer?

Thanks!
- No. You can hear the audio through the Bose sound system, however, it is not wired. It transmits the audio through FM (you tune your radio to a specific station).

- I'm not sure. See the following thread:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2808.msg35933#msg35933

- Absolutely. We had a 2005 Lincoln Navigator with an overhead (flip down) DVD system (10" screen). From my perspective, when the flip down screen is in use, a significant amount of your rear view is blocked. In addition, my son and daughter (who have differing tastes in movies) were constantly fighting over which DVD they were going to watch. With the headrest system they can watch movies independent of each other (there is also the option to watch the same movie).

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
234 Posts

Thanks for the feedback and the informative thread.

·
Registered
60 Posts

If I may add a note....
With the GM Lockpick Tool you can plug in the Audio/video signal into your Nav headunit and use the screen indash as a montor as well.
Thats my plan when my Acadia shows up!

·
Registered
234 Posts

Interesting, the GM Lockpick tool sounds like a slick little piece of hardware.

·
Registered
60 Posts

Well, I spoke too soon. I got a hold of the tech support guy @ INVISION and got the PDF file in the install notes. It does not look like it has RCA Audio/Video output from the Headrest(s) control box so may have to settle with the FM modulated audio signal only. That sucks! :binky:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts