GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a brand new Acadia owner, and I absolutely love it. The only thing that bugs me about it is the glare from the chrome air vent reflects in the mirror. I know I know, this is horrible ;)

Has anyone tinted their front windows and found that this massive defect (sarcasm) is remedied?

Thanks in advance. Dan

Oh and did I mention how much I love my new Acadia? Awesome!!!

MODERATOR EDIT:
The Below information can be found on Page 9 of this topic. I have moved it here for a quicker find for new readers/members. Please follow this link to the actual post with pictures. [/color]

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Thanks for the reminder. I've been slacking here lately due to computer problems & starting a new website. :)

I've attached some pics I shot today.

EDIT
Info from our repair order:
TSB #08-01-38-007A
Part # 19206587 "Bezel"

Parts had to be pre-ordered.

No charge for parts or labor, don't know how long it took since the nav problem consumed most of the day long (8 hour) visit.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Re: The Worst Thing About My New Acadia

which mirror? side or rearview?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

On really sunny days, I get a glare off the chrome trim inside too. But I haven't yet experienced it reflecting off any of the mirrors.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
261 Posts

Web Raven said:
On really sunny days, I get a glare off the chrome trim inside too. But I haven't yet experienced it reflecting off any of the mirrors.

Welcome to the forum!
Exactly the same here.

·
Registered
165 Posts

That really bugs me, too. The one thing I really don't care for the most is the black carpet. I'm kind of a neat freak so seeing every speck of dirt and grass really bugs me. Also, hair and little white lint is really hard to clean off this carpet. Any suggestions for a good car vac? I still haven't let anyone eat in the car yet. We are taking our first road trip in about 3 weeks. I'm sure I'll have to surrender my control then. Otherwise, I love it!

·
Registered
165 Posts

sandman said:
which mirror? side or rearview?
mine is the dirvers side mirror.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Web Raven said:

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome!

I went back out and to be more precise I get a reflection in the glass just over the drivers side mirror. So it kinda obstructs the image in the mirror. But as other poster mentioned it is in the glass of the window. That's why I was thinking about a tint job. Frankly I think the tinted front,drivers and passenger windows would look great on this magnificent vehicle. Just wondering if I will see a difference.

And thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
99 Posts

:ditto: I have the same problem with the drivers side mirror.

·
Registered
752 Posts

Interesting, I always figured it was the mirror. Now I am wondering if it is the window ??? I'll have to drive around with the window down and check it out.

·
Registered
246 Posts

Dan-M said:
I went back out and to be more precise I get a reflection in the glass just over the drivers side mirror. So it kinda obstructs the image in the mirror. But as other poster mentioned it is in the glass of the window. That's why I was thinking about a tint job. Frankly I think the tinted front,drivers and passenger windows would look great on this magnificent vehicle. Just wondering if I will see a difference.
If you are considering add tint to driver and passenger windows, be sure to check what the laws are in your area. Many
areas have laws limiting how much tint front windows can have. Law enforcement types like being able to see what the
driver is doing as they approach the driver.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

linuxtwit said:
Dan-M said:
If you are considering add tint to driver and passenger windows, be sure to check what the laws are in your area. Many
areas have laws limiting how much tint front windows can have. Law enforcement types like being able to see what the
driver is doing as they approach the driver.
Thanks for the heads up. Luckily in Wa as long as it matches what is on the rear windows it will be fine, or they will bust the tint shop not me.

·
Registered
492 Posts

Dan-M said:
Hi I'm a brand new Acadia owner, and I absolutely love it. The only thing that bugs me about it is the glare from the chrome air vent reflects in the mirror. I know I know, this is horrible ;)

Has anyone tinted their front windows and found that this massive defect (sarcasm) is remedied?

Thanks in advance. Dan

Oh and did I mention how much I love my new Acadia? Awesome!!!
I have tinted the windows and the first thing I noticed was the vent reflection. After a while my eyes learn to look through it, and not focus on the trim.

As a long time tint user I found things like night time guage reflection etc, lessens when your eyes learn to look through it.

·
Registered
77 Posts

What company does the best window tinting? If, and thats a big if........when I get my Acadia I want to get the front windows tinted to match the back windows. I live near Pittsburgh, PA or Youngstown, OH........anybody have any advice on window tinting?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

IScubaSlo said:
What company does the best window tinting? If, and thats a big if........when I get my Acadia I want to get the front windows tinted to match the back windows. I live near Pittsburgh, PA or Youngstown, OH........anybody have any advice on window tinting?

My advice would be to go to a business that has been in your area for a good amount of time, and be sure to find out if they give a lifetime warranty. That is a must! Also the type of film they use is important. I would get what ever is the "BEST". That means ZERO chance of fade or turning purple, or bubbling.

I was just going to ask my dealer for the name of a company that they use. In my local phone book I see many well established window companies that offer lifetime warranties on tinting, so you should be Okay with just about any business that offers this kind of guaranty.

One other thing to consider is if they pull the inside trim off the door, or the door panel itself so they can get the tint down past the rubber trim piece that squeegees the water off you window. The last person I talked to said this was important so the tint doesn't get rubbed off as you raise and lower you window. Hope that helps.

Dan

·
Registered
322 Posts

Same thing here....I hate that..

Adam

·
Registered
77 Posts

Thanks for the info..........now the only thing I need is the Acadia :rant: :rant:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

So I just got off the phone with my local Line-X shop. (I hope it's cool to post their name here) anyway my estimate is for $110, and they remove the trim as is required for a truly professional job, and they carry a lifetime warranty. I'll post pictures and results on Thursday.

Dan

·
Registered
75 Posts

Dan, I get the reflection from the sun as well but I can't really say it bugs me whole lot. I notice it if I'm staring right at it but during normal driving it doesn't seem that drastic at all....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Reflection off the 'chrome' vent trim rings?

Has anyone else noticed this slightly annoying problem? ??? The 'chrome' trim ring on the air vents adjacent to both the driver and passenger doors reflects back at you in the outside side view mirrors. I find it to be somewhat distracting and hope there will eventually be a trim kit available to overlay the rings. That, and a fit/finish issue on the driver door and rear quarter (same side) are about the only negatives I can come up with (visually) about my Acadia. It is a stunningly beautiful piece of machinery!

I understand that GM was trying to 'upscale' the interior look, but this 'overdo' smacks of something I'd expect on, say a Lincoln Mercury vehicle. Now about that lack of downshift problem ... :banghead:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Re: Reflection off the 'chrome' vent trim rings?

I thought it was reflecting from the outside mirrors too, until I rolled down my window and it disappeared!

1 - 20 of 301 Posts