GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a problem closing the tether anchor cover (behind the second row) while the tether clip is attached?
I have an Eddie Bauer convertible car seat in the second row bench. The tether strap is attached to the tether anchor behind
the seat, but I can't close the plastic anchor cover AND have the tether strap securely tight. I don't like having the anchor cover
open like that with passengers in the third row...it could break off.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Re: Car seat tether anchor cover won't stay closed

I put a rubberband around the tether strap(part attached to the car seat)...then I clip it to anchor on the seat. Then i stretch the rubberband out and slip the anchor cover under the rubberband...so the rubberband holds the cover secure to the tether strap. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
165 Posts

It does not close if you are using the tether strap. Sorry I don't have any suggestions. We didn't use our 3rd row that much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

s2acadia,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try the rubberband.

·
Registered
681 Posts

Both of mine have already cracked off (twins) there is just a thin piece of plastic holding them on :banghead: - I should have tried the rubberband idea. I now keep the covers in the glovebox for when I remove the car seats.

·
Registered
234 Posts

Mine broke off, problem solved.

·
Registered
264 Posts

Yep couldn't close mine either i just live with it. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts

Just wanted to add my .02 to this post--I know it's old, but again, just trying to help out! I had the same issue and opted to trim the backside of the plastic cover to fit around the car seat strap. It still snaps shut with and without the tether attached. You cannot tell that any trimming was done because the latch cover is always closed! Done!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

Just last night, on my Enclave, the cover snapped off mine where my daughter's seat attaches to the teather. I'm now keeping it in the storage console till we need it later. I agree, bad design. Why didn't they just put the metal loop like the third row seat has?

·
Registered
52 Posts
2nd Row Captains with car seat tether latch cover issue

Anyone have any suggestions on this?
I have second row captains chairs and a child's high back car seat in place with the center back tether on, but the little plastic part that covers the tether connection on the back of the captains chair will not close with the tether conneceted and hangs open hitting the legs of passengers in the3rd row. There is a small cutout to allow the tether through but my metal connector on the end of the tether is too large and will not allow the cover to close properly. I guess this may be my first mod on this car....I can either cut the hole larger or cut off the cover. I think I'd prefer to cut the hole larger.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
s2acadia said:
I posed a rubberband solution over in this thread
Topcs merged. Thank you s2acadia.[/color]

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
dustinwiner said:
The rubber band is a good idea but how long can you depend on a rubber band. Better go for other options.
A rubber band is a $.02 if it breaks then repalce it, no big deal.

dustinwiner said:
There are so many brands of car seats available like Garco car seats, Britax car seats, Evenflo car seats chicco and combi car seats etc. The Britax car seats are really good for the safety of the kids. There are many models available in Britax and comes with the safety straps.
http://carseats.wetpaint.com/
What does a different brand of carseat have to do with the LATCH cap on the back of the factory seat not closing. Are you saying that a different type of latch hook from a different manufacturer will allow that cap to close?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car seat

Yes, you too can make millions from home by spamming popular forums! Just send in $399 to me here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_spam

Moderator edit
This post was from an IP in Mumbai, India and was a SPAM link to a blog. The "member" has been banned.

"You can run kid, but you can't hide."

"That one just slipped out." :)[/color]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts