GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got off the phone with my wonderful service rep. She is wonderful, but, the seat issue is still an ongoing one. It looks like the track and motor assembly that was shipped in was worse than the one that was in it to begin with. In an attempt to locate a new one I was informed that there is a national back order for this part. Apparently there are lots of people experiencing this issue. It now must be a "known issue" and will be remedied by GMC. I don't know when, but at least they are working on it. Bummer for me is I still need to take it back in. For the third time. I hope it's third time is a charm.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Re: Seat problem update!

Sometimes with a new model it happens not all the bugs are worked out. Was your problem a forward and rear movement in the drivers seat?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Actually it was both the driver and the passenger seat. They replaced the passenger side today. But I suspect that the driver being used more frequently, also in combination with the easy exit option, gets more notice and work out, and is being replaced first by those with the issue. All in all, I do understand things like this happen. And I do have three years to fix it. Or there about.

I'll still give the folks at my dealer credit for doing the best they can. I'm sure my frustration is their frustration also.

·
Registered
259 Posts

My driver seat is doing the same thing. It jerks when it gets to a certain point on the track, and I'm now noticing that it moves forward when I come to a harder stop. Since motors seem to be on back order, I guess I won't waste my time taking it in just yet...

·
Registered
380 Posts

Yes,
My driver's seat moved jerkily when I was moving it around to vacuum near it last week. Seemed kind of odd.
I would imagine there is going to be some sort of recall number or TSB if they are having a national shortage, hopefully our Recallers will find out any GM number that gets assigned! :confused:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

My service rep told me today that when ever this type of issue happens they shut down production and re engineer the parts. I don't know if that is actually true, but it's good to know a fix is on the way.

I suspect it will be some time before they have a new seat track and motor available. I'm not worried.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I just had my track and frame replaced for a different reason. With the seat tilt engaged just a bit, I noticed a rocking in the seat. Took in to the dealer and they took it for a drive and also felt the seat rock back and forth when the tilt on the bottom portion of the seat is used. They replaced the track and frame, and it solved the problem. I had the issue with the motion of the seat, but never really cared as i am over 6 foot tall and the seat is always back all the way. BUt after reading this post, i just went out and checked, and that problem is gone also.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

For the record. My seat problem is back. This time it is worse than before. The place on the track where the seat jumps and feels like it is riding over small rocks is still in the same place as before. They must have replaced it with a seat track from the same run as the first two they installed in my car. I wonder if I will ever have a normal operating seat track. I will contact the powers that be in Detroit. I am getting a little annoyed at this now. Hopefully when I take it in for the new transmission flash they will have a new track that actually works. I have a hard time believing that the new 08's will have the same problem. I wonder if those at the plant can tell me if the newer seats are the same? So far I have had my Acadia in the shop three times for this problem alone.

·
Registered
20 Posts

My seat was working fine till I took it in for the recall concerning the wiring under the seat, when I got it back the forward and backward motions were jerky. Looks like another trip to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

I noticed my driver's seat has a little hiccup when I move it all the way back on the track and then forward again. But for the most part, unless I'm trying to vacuum out the vehicle, it stays in the same position. So that's not really an issue for me.

I still haven't noticed any movement in the seat when coming to a stop. Does it not affect the SLE model with the 6 way power seats?

·
Registered
17 Posts

Picked my vehicle up today and the track assembly they put in still had the same problem :mad:. They ordered another track assembly.

My seat jerks big time when it is on the highest (from the floor) position. Every time I hit the brakes hard, I feel like flying!

·
Registered
468 Posts

GA Acadia SLT Owner said:
My seat jerks big time when it is on the highest (from the floor) position. Every time I hit the brakes hard, I feel like flying!
Our 03 Expedition did this and it hacked me off big time. They never did fix it properly. I hope they eventually fix it to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
123 Posts

zman said:
GA Acadia SLT Owner said:
Our 03 Expedition did this and it hacked me off big time. They never did fix it properly. I hope they eventually fix it to your satisfaction.
that doesnt sound safe. zman, were they able to fix your seat?

·
Registered
468 Posts

Nope, we traded it in for the Enclave. ;D

Ours actually moved side to side but it was still annoying going around corners. When I discovered that other Expeditions did it and it was an apparent "feature" I just lived with it.

·
Registered
123 Posts

zman said:
Nope, we traded it in for the Enclave. ;D

Ours actually moved side to side but it was still annoying going around corners. When I discovered that other Expeditions did it and it was an apparent "feature" I just lived with it.
well congratulations you made the right decision ;D

·
Registered
165 Posts

Dan-M said:
For the record. My seat problem is back. This time it is worse than before. The place on the track where the seat jumps and feels like it is riding over small rocks is still in the same place as before. They must have replaced it with a seat track from the same run as the first two they installed in my car. I wonder if I will ever have a normal operating seat track. I will contact the powers that be in Detroit. I am getting a little annoyed at this now. Hopefully when I take it in for the new transmission flash they will have a new track that actually works. I have a hard time believing that the new 08's will have the same problem. I wonder if those at the plant can tell me if the newer seats are the same? So far I have had my Acadia in the shop three times for this problem alone.
Dan, did this problem ever get resolved? My seat is moving forward when braking/hard stops. I just had my car in today to do the propeller bolt recall and I failed to mention this. I want to make sure I'm armed with all the info before making another appt. to take it in...yet again!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I had my Acadia in for the 3rd time for the sheet track/motor assembly. The first one...it broke on installation. The 2nd did the same thing.

The 3rd was a charm. No issues and no movement on hard braking. It feels firmer as well.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

When i go in for propeller bolts I will mention it again. Frankly I'm tired of thinking about it, and I have about three years to fix it.

·
Registered
384 Posts

My driver's seat has that bumpiness also when moving forward or back. It was aptly described as a hiccup or rather like moving across small rocks. It happens right about when the seat gets to the middle of tracks. Will mention this when I take it to dealer for 2nd battery issue.... I also am going to check all other seats as I have not done this yet. Anyone get the seat issue resolved to their satisfaction? Seems a few people are getting new tracks with same problem.

·
Registered
384 Posts

I have to share this with you guys. My Acadia is at dealer 2nd time in a week for the battery issue. (another post) While there, I thought I would mention the seat tracks bumping. Well, they called the regional GM tech and here's the recommended fix: "get someone 300 lbs to sit in seat and move it forward and back to seat the bearings." I thought they were kidding, but nope, that is really what they were told!! I have called GMC customer service to let them know that is not a satisfactory fix. BTW, since no one at my dealer weighs 300lbs. they said they would sit on one another's laps and move my seat back and forth. I told them to get a video. We are all laughing on that one. What else can you do?

1 - 20 of 144 Posts