GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody looked into if it could be integrated in to an SLT-1? I would think the seat motors would be all the same, maybe just a different harness? It is something I wish I had, but wasn't willing to spend the extra couple thousand to move up to an SLT-2.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would like to know as well. I didn't know that only the SLT 2 had the memory seats and mirrors. I wonder how much trouble it would be to add it now. Anyone do this?

kevin

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Since no one has replied to this in quite some time (original post) it appears this has not been done. The thing to do would be to get a service manual w/ wiring diagram from Helm Inc. (there is a link in the Manuals sticky here).

The next issue is if the SLT1 has the wiring needed. On our SLT2, there is a button assembly on the driver door panel for the memory function. I'm figuring there is a plug w/ wiring behind the panel.

If the seat wiring and seats are the same, it is then just a control issue. I recalled at least the driver seat of the SLT2 being different than the SLT1 seat in the ordering guide, so I looked it up for the 2009 model:
SLT1 driver seat:
AG1 Seat, 6-way power driver with manual recline and lumbar control

SLT2 driver seat:
AG3 Seat, 8-way power driver with power recline and lumbar control and memory

The passenger seats are different also, the SLT1 is shown as 2 way power, and the SLT2 is 4 way power.

The mirrors are different also:
SLT1 mirrors:
DS3 Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, body-color, manual-folding with integrated turn signal indicators

SLT2 mirrors:
DNP Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming, body-color with integrated turn signal indicators and driver-side memory

The next thing to check into is if the memory function is controlled by a module of some kind or the body control module (BCM) via GM programming.

Best case scenario, if all the wiring is there and the seats were the same, you could buy a door panel & switch and then have the BCM reflashed.

Worst case, you'd be looking at adding in some wiring and a module. While you can usually find the pigtail connectors needed for stuff like this, it is a very complex project to undertake.

My best guess is that it is the latter, and this may explain why no one has done it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went to the Stealership today and spoke with the Service and Parts managers. They were both very pleasant and spoke with me at length about this topic. According to them, it is not possible to add this after the fact. They claim that the main computer must come with the option in it from the factory and without that, it isn't possible to add it afterwards.

I didn't ask about switching out the computer.

Not done yet on this. I find it hard to believe that somehting as benign as this would constitute an entire computer change. It's just a ROM chip in there. It should be able to be reflashed with whatever program will fit and work.

Curtis

·
Super Moderator
22,417 Posts
why!?!?

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have an '09 Outlook XR (FWD) and would like to have the memory function on the seats too. Having it on the OSRV would be gravy, but it's the memory on the seat that I'd really rather have more than anything.

- wiring in the door - probably there, just hiding behind the panel taped off to the rest of the drivers door harness
- door controls - from pics, looks like it just sits forward of the door handle by a couple of inches at the same height - trim panel opening could be cut in (or order the trim part with the cutout).
- BCM - probably just needs to be flashed
- different seat, wiring, sensors, etc. - again a possibility, but likely just to be some wiring and sensors that would otherwise need to be added to existing seat.

At the time of purchase I was deciding the FWD model an AWD that had leather and a whack of other options that added about $8K to the cost (only dealer stock was available). For the memory function alone I would've paid more, but not an additional $8K worth. I'm hoping there's a way for the dealer to do it - even if it does come at a cost.

Will be calling my local GM dealer about this one to see if they can do it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bump

I would love to do this. I have found very little info on it. I have not contacted the dealer however. Anyone with any luck?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread but was wondering if anyone has successfully added the memory seat option to their Acadia?

I started doing some research, found what I need to add the buttons (15208518) and door panel (25982529). Also looked in the vehicle and found that the memory seat fuse is installed in the fuse block. What I haven't been able to find if there is a separate control module for the memory seats or if it controlled by the main ECM.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
BoSox said:
Sorry to bump an old thread but was wondering if anyone has successfully added the memory seat option to their Acadia?

I started doing some research, found what I need to add the buttons (15208518) and door panel (25982529). Also looked in the vehicle and found that the memory seat fuse is installed in the fuse block. What I haven't been able to find if there is a separate control module for the memory seats or if it controlled by the main ECM.
Looking at my 2010 Traverse owner's manual, there are 3 modules you will have to add. The driver's seat has a Memory Seat Module (MSM) built into the bottom of it. The seat motors have motor position sensors, which feed information to the module and allow the seats to move a certain amount to the stored memory positions. So you need the seat out of the SLT-2 which has the module and different motors with the position sensors.

The mirrors are operated by the Driver Door Switch (DDS Module) for the drivers side, and the Passenger Door Switch (PDS Module) for the passenger side. Each switch upon installation or replacement has to be reprogrammed. I'm not sure what is used as an index to position the mirrors in the correct memory each time switch 1 or 2 is used. The seat has the motor position sensors, not sure what the mirrors use, or if it is all electronic from the DDS or PDS.

Here are some prices I found on GM Parts Direct

Seat Module w/ Memory
List $262.84 Sell $155.81

Driver Window Switch w/ Memory
List $230.70 Sell $119.96

Driver Seat Adjuster Assembly (I assume with motor position sensors)
List $558.66 Sell $330.81

I didn't find an exact switch for the passenger side, only one described as with special edition. That price was the same as the driver side with memory.
The only other passenger switch was $19.95 List without special edition.

If you are going to do this, I think you need to find a donor vehicle with the parts you could salvage the seat, modules, wiring harnesses, switches, etc, door panel(s), etc.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the info. Not as simple as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Did you find different P/Ns for memory vs. standard mirrors? What about the seat? Are the memory specific items add ons to the standard (power) seat? I'd love to add this to my Outlook.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I not so much concerned with the mirrors as I am with the driver seat. The seat would have to be changed out as well. As the memory seat is 8 way power, mine is 4 way power.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have the 8-way power seat, but no memory function. I'm wondering if the entire seat is different or if it's only an add on module. Same for the mirrors, I have the non-folding heated mirrors. Is there a different P/N for the memory mirrors?

I might have to bend the ear of the parts guy when I go in to have the headlights fixed. I'm 6'1", my wife's 4'10" so having the memory function would be very nice. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
salguod said:
I have the 8-way power seat, but no memory function. I'm wondering if the entire seat is different or if it's only an add on module. Same for the mirrors, I have the non-folding heated mirrors. Is there a different P/N for the memory mirrors?

I might have to bend the ear of the parts guy when I go in to have the headlights fixed. I'm 6'1", my wife's 4'10" so having the memory function would be very nice. :thumb:
Surprised GM didn't include that feature on most of the Lambdas. Had it on prior vehicles and I miss it now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts