GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have set both 1 & 2 setting for the seat placement, my question is when I get out of the car and the seat goes back to the recall posistion, it goes to the #2 setting instead of #1. Anyone know how to fix this?

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Were you using key # 2? or #1?

·
Registered
310 Posts
That is what I thought too, it sounds like you are locking or unlocking your doors with the #2 key fob.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just a side note, and probably obvious to those that know what they are doing...but the car must be in park to change from seat position 1 to position 2 and visa versa...(ok, it took me a while to figure this out :eek:)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mitchl said:
That is what I thought too, it sounds like you are locking or unlocking your doors with the #2 key fob.
It matters what key fob you use? I did not know that. I will try this and see if that is what it is.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah, you probably shouldn't be listening to the guy who doesn't have his Acadia yet. On our last car, one remote was #1 and one was #2, and they were color coated to memory positions.

On these fancy GM cars, after reading the manual, it looks like that the fobs are generic initially, but as they were programmed into the vehicle (by the dealer or factory), the first one programmed in became #1 and the second one became #2. So they don't say anything, but I am willing to bet one of those fobs will move it to the first position and the other moves it to the second position.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mitchl said:
Yeah, you probably shouldn't be listening to the guy who doesn't have his Acadia yet. On our last car, one remote was #1 and one was #2, and they were color coated to memory positions.

On these fancy GM cars, after reading the manual, it looks like that the fobs are generic initially, but as they were programmed into the vehicle (by the dealer or factory), the first one programmed in became #1 and the second one became #2. So they don't say anything, but I am willing to bet one of those fobs will move it to the first position and the other moves it to the second position.
Yep this is how it is. 1 key fob is for button 1, and the other is for button 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts