GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a commercial for the CX-9 tonight and Mazda is already offering 0% financing. Hmmm, imagine that....... a manufacturer's first year of a "promising new product" and already offering 0% financing in hopes of moving "bloated inventory". And it's NOT a domestic manufacturer. Meanwhile, GM can't build enough lambdas to keep up with demand and dealers are charging over MSRP when/if they have any on the lot to sell. My how times have changed!

·
Registered
284 Posts
True, but earlier in the Acadia run, GM also was doing 0% up to 3 years as part of some different early bonuses.

So, they're not all immune. Of course, the CX-9 isn't selling at nearly GM Lambda pace, but at the same time it's still doing well for what it is.

·
Registered
812 Posts
ccaats said:
I saw a commercial for the CX-9 tonight and Mazda is already offering 0% financing. Hmmm, imagine that....... a manufacturer's first year of a "promising new product" and already offering 0% financing in hopes of moving "bloated inventory". And it's NOT a domestic manufacturer. Meanwhile, GM can't build enough lambdas to keep up with demand and dealers are charging over MSRP when/if they have any on the lot to sell. My how times have changed!
ive notice too... how dealers are capitalizing so much on the demand of these vehicles they're having ego problems.... but thats just sales i guess, its how much profit you can make while the sales are still hot.... :beer:

·
Registered
659 Posts
ccaats said:
dealers are charging over MSRP when/if they have any on the lot to sell.
Huh...The info on this site would suggest not. If you browse through the buying strings here, I think you'll find the vast majority are buying at invoice give or take a few hundred. Thats far from "over MSRP"

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry GerryL, I guess I was referring to the Enclave. Most Buick dealers are wanting MSRP or better on any they have on the lot available to sell, and they can't get them fast enough to build up any inventory. The Acadia has been out alot longer, so higher inventory numbers yields better deals. HOWEVER, GM has not had to offer 0% financing "just to help move them out the door" as appears to be the issue with the CX-9.

·
Registered
284 Posts
ccaats said:
sorry GerryL, I guess I was referring to the Enclave. Most Buick dealers are wanting MSRP or better on any they have on the lot available to sell, and they can't get them fast enough to build up any inventory. The Acadia has been out alot longer, so higher inventory numbers yields better deals. HOWEVER, GM has not had to offer 0% financing "just to help move them out the door" as appears to be the issue with the CX-9.
But GM DID offer 0% for the same term on the Acadia early on, just to give it an extra jump--several people here likely took advantage of it, too.

If you're a Lambda buyer, you most likely aren't too big on the more cramped and sportier CX-9 and vice versa, but each is still selling well to their own markets. The Mazda certainly isn't piling up on lots.

Which is why, still, someone even making a post about this seems odd. It's the end of a model year, and automakers do this and more every year to clear things out. Of course, GM didn't have to do much to make whatever leftover Acadias & Outlooks there were disappear, but still no biggie lightbulb moment to go against the Mazda with.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drove by two Mazda dealerships in my area just this past week and it looked like they each had about 20-25 CX-9s on their lots. Whereas, the two GMC/Buick dealerships I have been to over the summer have less than 5 Acadias and sometimes have NONE....and it has been this way all summer. Also, they mostly have NO Enclaves or maybe one at a time. The Saturn dealership averages having about 5-6 Outloooks on their lot.

·
Registered
284 Posts
ccaats said:
I drove by two Mazda dealerships in my area just this past week and it looked like they each had about 20-25 CX-9s on their lots. Whereas, the two GMC/Buick dealerships I have been to over the summer have less than 5 Acadias and sometimes have NONE....and it has been this way all summer. Also, they mostly have NO Enclaves or maybe one at a time. The Saturn dealership averages having about 5-6 Outloooks on their lot.
Good point. Like I said, they aren't selling nearly at the pace of the Lambdas, but they're still going well--they don't have huge cash on the hood and dealers begging people. It's just a different market, and there are less people who want sportier and smaller than who want more luxurious and larger.

Or, people like a family friend, who drives an '05 Durango and started looking for something new last week, and the FIRST thing she looked at (not sure how she knew about it, aside from the internet) was a CX-9, which she wanted to ask me about. I brought up the Acadia/Outlook to check out as well, and she had never seen either or heard of them--so it all depends on what you're looking for and where.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts