GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, how much have you hauled inside your Acadia?

Today, I put 1,600lbs of dirt in it. The guys at Home Depot didn't think it could hold it all. I scoffed at them. ::) It sagged a bit in the rear, but I only had a five minute drive home down one road, so it wasn't too bad. My son joked that we could probably pop a wheelie. ;D

I ended up having to go back to the store and pick up another 800lbs.

Is there a limit to the amount of weight you should put inside an Acadia?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooops. Well, it can handle 1,600 + 140 + 155 + 195 as well. LOL Though I wouldn't have driven it a very long distance with that load.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Those #'s are a little conservative. As long as you're not bouncing on the bump stops of the suspension, you should be fine +/- 200 to 300lbs for short trips. Hell, I've driven a Honda Civic fully loaded to the gills with moving stuff, and drove it 1400kms. I mean fully loaded; right to the roof, and against the seatbacks. You couldn't stick a package of pencils in that cargo anywhere.

Just remember to ensure your tires are correctly pressurized.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
With that capacity, it will become the official "tour vehicle" for my band :'(

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Web Raven said:
Ooops. Well, it can handle 1,600 + 140 + 155 + 195 as well. LOL Though I wouldn't have driven it a very long distance with that load.
You realize you pretty much just told us your weight on this forum? :-X

Don't worry - we're assuming you're the 140.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
loach said:
Web Raven said:
You realize you pretty much just told us your weight on this forum? :-X

Don't worry - we're assuming you're the 140.
OH NO!!!! GET OUTTA HERE! I did? LOL I've never been one to be all hush-hush about my weight. I am what I am. I'd prefer to be more like 135, but at 5'7, that's a difficult weight to maintain without starving myself and being miserable.

All seems to be well with the Acadia. I don't think the overload killed it. Though, backing up my neighbor's driveway to toss the bags of dirt over into my yard might have been a mistake. The space between their house and my fence is very narrow. Apparently my driver's side door hit the fence when I got out. I have a nice 5" long row of chips/knicks on the edge of the door by the handle. :-\

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Web Raven said:
All seems to be well with the Acadia. I don't think the overload killed it. Though, backing up my neighbor's driveway to toss the bags of dirt over into my yard might have been a mistake. The space between their house and my fence is very narrow. Apparently my driver's side door hit the fence when I got out. I have a nice 5" long row of chips/knicks on the edge of the door by the handle. :-\
That'll learn ya to treat your Acadia like a pickup truck. At least it was bagged dirt - when I read your first message I briefly pictured a big pile of dirt in the back of your Acadia and thought you might be taking the all-weather mats concept to an extreme.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts