GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've done several searches but can't find the answer.
2010 Acadia... I replaced the master window switch because there was a buzzing in the switch assembly and none of the functions work. The new one buzzes just the same and still no function from the switch. I'm going down a rabbit hole and my worst nightmare...electrical problems. The connection that produces the buzzing is the green plug on the door. As soon as it's unplugged, the buzzing stops. I checked for a broken wire in the harness where the door closes. Nothing unusual there. I checked for voltage from the wires connected to the plug with the key switch on. The black one is the only wire that has continuous voltage in the green plug. The red wire in the grey plug has 12v (as expected). My thought is to check something at the other end of the black wire but I don't know what that wire is controlling or being controlled by. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Black is usually the color of a ground wire. :unsure: You'll find a service manual to download elsewhere on the forum. That document should have information which will be of help to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black is usually the color of a ground wire. :unsure: You'll find a service manual to download elsewhere on the forum. That document should have information which will be of help to you.
That's what I was thinking. Weird that there was voltage there. I was thinking the buzzing was power being applied to one of the switches. I'll dig around for the service manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CORRECTION: The wire that has 12v when the power is "on", is a brown wire. I can't locate any wiring schematic though. The brown wire is on the green plug, on the door. Anyone know what this wire controls or have a schematic?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts