GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very discouraged and disappointed with GMC. I purchased my GMC Acadia All Terrain on 8/24/17.

4/4/19: Michelin tires were worn down to 2/32. I was offered a discount for continental tires and replaced 4 tires. I still had to pay $600.

5/23/18 – Vehicle had to be towed. It stopped moving while driving. It made a growling noise when put in drive due to left front wheel drive half shaft inner cv joint failure.

8/30/18 – Multiple lights flashing in vehicle, reduced power, shift to park error. Replaced shifter assembly.

9/10/18 – Vehicle had to be towed again. Multiple lights flashing in vehicle, shift to park error and vehicle would not move. Replaced shifter assembly again from new manufacturer.

12/5/19 – When pushing steering wheel, hard to get sound. Replaced new designed wheel horn.

8/30/19: I got hit on the passenger front by someone, which was no fault of mine. GMC was on strike and waited for wheel until 1/03/20. Had rental car from 8/30/19-1/3/20. Body shop told me my tires were worn and found a bad ball bearing joint. They said it should have been found when tires were replaced. Took to Goldstein and they found no abnormal wear. They would not do anything about my tires.

I am totally disgusted with the GMC. I was told by Corporate GMC that I would be compensated after my vehicle was repaired. After not having my vehicle for over 4 months, I asked for an extended warrantee, but was only offered a year of OnStar, which I declined.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I kinda don't get it all. Brand new member just to complain about your vehicle. No mention of mileage at any stage, etc.

·
Super Moderator
19,534 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry you had to suffer all those inconveniences. Difficult to understand why GMC would even offer any assistance after the vehicle was repaired from the wreck. Seems like any "compensation" should have come from the other driver's insurance company.

·
Registered
53 Posts
4 months of a rental car solely because a wheel was unavailable? That’s 100% on your dealer. I guarantee that wheel was available somewhere in the country but the dealer didn’t want to be bothered to order it from another dealer, rather waiting on the PDC. It stinks because it gives GM a bad name.

Two shift assemblies also smells of dealer incompetence/error during installation. Perhaps the first part they installed was not the revised part. GM didn’t have two suppliers for the shift assembly. #somethingfishy

I’ve had a lot of heartache on good cars due to bad dealers. Find a new dealer.

Sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts