GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the support of this forum, we've had amazing participation by 2007 and 2008 Acadia owners in TrueDelta's Vehicle Reliability Survey.

Not many 2009s yet, though. So if you own one, I please consider participating.

Details here:

Car reliability research
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
Who is sponsoring this research?

Smooth[/color] <><
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No one is sponsoring this research. We're an independent site. Revenues such as they are from ads, dealer leads, paid memberships (for people who'd rather pay than participate in the surveys).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I just bought a 2009 Last week...So I am new here :thumb:

It's a little bittersweet though, I had to trade my 2003 Corvette in on it, so it is a little difficult for me. The Acadia is the family/Wife's vehicle. I drive a 2008 Cadillac CTS. So far we really like the Acadia, but miss some of the features of the Durango we turned back in on lease. Biggest thing we miss is the DVD player and the Driver memory buttons, but really like the size and performance of the Acadia better.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Congrats on your purchase :thumb:; I think you will enjoy this forum as there are a lot of experienced folks here that can answer just about any question. Stay involved and read, this has helped me a lot. Again welcome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
mkaresh said:
Thanks to the support of this forum, we've had amazing participation by 2007 and 2008 Acadia owners in TrueDelta's Vehicle Reliability Survey.

Not many 2009s yet, though. So if you own one, I please consider participating.

Details here:

Car reliability research
interesting site. hope it takes off even more.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
Mr Snappy said:
I just bought a 2009 Last week...So I am new here :thumb:

It's a little bittersweet though, I had to trade my 2003 Corvette in on it, so it is a little difficult for me. The Acadia is the family/Wife's vehicle. I drive a 2008 Cadillac CTS. So far we really like the Acadia, but miss some of the features of the Durango we turned back in on lease. Biggest thing we miss is the DVD player and the Driver memory buttons, but really like the size and performance of the Acadia better.
Welcome also.

You sound almost like a Doppleganger to me, but I never got the Corvette. Hopefully, it wasn't yellow and a 6 speed convertible. Doesn't sound like a fair deal if you had to sacrifice "your" C5 to get "her" an Acadia ;)! We also sold a Durango to get ours. The SLT2 has the driver memory buttons (think this was an option on SLT1 also, maybe not), and the DVD can be added fairly easily, either in the dash or via an aftermarket rear screen or GM or aftermarket headrests. There are threads in the AV section here dealing with all of those installs. Aside from all the other things like styling and the gadgets, the big difference is going from 12-13 average MPG to 19-21!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,091 Posts
snoopysmom said:
On Tuesday Jan 20th I bought a brand new 2009 jewel Red Acadia. :blob: :angel: ;D
That's the best kind! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Just took ownership of a 2009 Red Jewel Tintcoat Acadia on Saturday. Hated to leave it in the parking garage at work this morning.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
PeteB said:
Just took ownership of a 2009 Red Jewel Tintcoat Acadia on Saturday. Hated to leave it in the parking garage at work this morning.
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the purchase. If you are ever able to see it, there is an episode on Top Gear on BBC America where one of the hosts tests a micro car and takes it to work inside the BBC building- even on an elevator and behind the news readers. It was hilarious as usual.

Found a link:
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/1...r-video-ever-jeremy-clarkson-in-the-peel-p50/

EDIT
%$#@ lawyers! It's down due to a copyright claim. I'll look for some stills.

EDIT 2
This link works as of today:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-Peel-P50_139353.htm
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the purchase. If you are ever able to see it, there is an episode on Top Gear on BBC America where one of the hosts tests a micro car and takes it to work inside the BBC building- even on an elevator and behind the news readers. It was hilarious as usual.

Found a link:
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/1...r-video-ever-jeremy-clarkson-in-the-peel-p50/

EDIT
%$#@ lawyers! It's down due to a copyright claim. I'll look for some stills.

EDIT 2
This link works as of today:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-Peel-P50_139353.htm
That was great. Loved the shot of him driving behind the news anchors. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Take the poll on year of Acaida and we can see what percent of us on what year
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I have an '09 Red Jewel with about 1k miles on it now. Bought in late December (just before the rebates started -ouch). Corvettes and CTS and Acadias must go together because I have those too. The Acadia is just fine but I am not up to 20+ mpg yet, mostly urban and city stuff and I'm at about 17.5 mpg right now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Must be a sale on Red Jewel ;D; my dealer doesn't even have the color in stock although I think this is an ordered color more than the others.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top