GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am back at the dealer as they continue to hunt for the shift flare issue that seems to be getting worse. Today my service advisor calls and say the manual shift button doesn’t work. After telling him I had never used it before I asked how they figured this out. He said it was picked up from a stored transmission code. He then tells me that this might not be covered under my power train warranty and he wanted the info for my aftermarket warranty. I assumed GMC would cover it under their warranty....... thoughts from you guys? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
Interesting that they wouldn't verify the button is inoperative without test driving the vehicle before reporting to you. Have you reviewed exclusions to the GM powertrain warranty? Seems the shifter and its components aren't covered by it in sites I saw - just things internal to the transmission. Be sure to look at any exclusions in your aftermarket coverage, too.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting that they wouldn't verify the button is inoperative without test driving the vehicle before reporting to you. Have you reviewed exclusions to the GM powertrain warranty? Seems the shifter and its components aren't covered by it in sites I saw - just things internal to the transmission. Be sure to look at any exclusions in your aftermarket coverage, too.
They were in the process of test driving when they called me. Was a bit odd but my aftermarket warranty covered it with no objections and a $50.00 deductible. The powertrain only covers internals and thats it. No vote no exception. Just another reason why I love me some aftermarket warranties!!

Reactions: speleos

·
Super Moderator
20,566 Posts
Reactions: Jmbjr0930
1 - 4 of 4 Posts