GMC Acadia Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Sorry to hear about Jake. You have my sympathy (and empathy), @sailfish. The vet found cancer in Gabriel's bladder about a week ago. The tumor is quite large and untreatable. Don't think he'll make it to his 14th birthday in January. Merry Christmas anyway.

Awwww...so very sorry to hear this. Bah humbug to cancer.

Yes, Merry Christmas to you and yours....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sailfish, SP words can't express how much I feel for both of you. It's hard enough having to deal with this throughout the year but it's especially hard at this time of year. It's been over a year since my dog passed from cancer and I still have memories of her and compare our other dogs to her.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Sailfish, SP words can't express how much I feel for both of you. It's hard enough having to deal with this throughout the year but it's especially hard at this time of year. It's been over a year since my dog passed from cancer and I still have memories of her and compare our other dogs to her.
I still tear up when I think about him.

A couple weeks ago his brother Elwood, they are from the same litter and have been together forever. He started to act strangely. He was outside and started yelping, I headed out and he came running up to me, sat down and his ears were laid back and he was whimpering.

I brought him inside and checked him thoroughly, nothing appeared wrong. When I let go of him he raced to the doorway leading upstairs. I called him back and he came, sat beside me and had such a sad look on his face. He then got down off the sofa and race to the door way again.

When my husband came home he said that Elwood did that the night before and he also checked to see if anything was wrong. We decided to let him come up to the main living area. Several times, Jake would race up the steps and head to the living room, settling on the sofa next to me, or on the footstool next to a chair I may be sitting on.

Once Elwood came upstairs he headed straight into the living room. He was searching all around, as if he was looking for Jake. My husband sat in the chair and I sat on the footstool. Elwood sat between us, his ears laid back and that sad look in his eyes.

I pulled down a shadow box, CARE had sent one as a memorial to Jake, and the urn with Jakes remains.

We showed them to Elwood. He sniffed the shadow box and then turned to the urn. I opened the lid on the wooden urn, inside with Jakes remains I had placed his collar and the scarf he had been wearing when he was admitted to CARE that last time. Elwood sniffed it and then looked up at me. It was as if he suddenly understood, and he whimpered, laid down on the floor between us.

My husband headed towards the steps to the lower level and called for Elwood. He followed and then he stopped, looked back at me and I know then, he was saying his good bye to his brother.

Yes, now I am having tears fill my eyes....this holiday season for us....a real bah humbug.

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Gabriel is looking for his spot on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. This weekend was a tough one. He kept asking for relief from his agony. The decision was made today to end his suffering. Rest easy, little buddy!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
SP, as much as it was a for his refuge from his pain, it's tough on us to let go of them. You'll always have your memories of him.
So sorry.

Bear.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Gabriel is looking for his spot on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. This weekend was a tough one. He kept asking for relief from his agony. The decision was made today to end his suffering. Rest easy, little buddy!
So very sorry. I like to think that Gabriel and Jake are totally enjoying their new pain free romp across the rainbow bridge. Just remember, they will be there waiting on us.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Soooo sorry for the loses! Yes, they Sure are family.

My 10 month old turtle will live 20-30 years and my son or his daughter will care for him after I'm gone. I have talked to them and written in the WILL!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
About this Discussion
48 Replies
10 Participants
teetertotter
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing