GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone give me the major differences between the Acadia, Enclave & Outlook? I drove an 08 Acadia two weekends ago and really liked it (the one we drove was missing a few options I would have liked). We went back to our local dealer yesterday and they now have 3 of the 08's on the lot and one has all of the options I want (but not my first choice in color). They didn't have any Enclaves yet and we don't have a local Saturn dealer so I don't have anything to compare it to. I really loved the Acadia but my husband wants me to make sure that I check out all of the different vehicles before I decide on one. I have a bad habit of falling in love with the first vechicle I test drive and then deciding I really don't like it that much a few months after we buy it. :eek:hno: What about the Mazda CX9? We don't have a local Mazda dealer, either. Also, one last thing, were there any big changes between the 07 and 08 Acadias? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
A few thoughts jump to mind:

- Acadia doesn't offer a tan interior - Enclave and Outlook do. Acadia offers a "brick" interior instead.
- Acadia is the only one of the three to offer Head-up Display
- Enclave is the only one of the three to offer a power-adjustable steering wheel w/memory.
- In the U.S., if you have GM Card earnings, you can use them on the Acadia or Enclave, but not the Outlook.
- Starting this fall, Acadia and Enclave offer a 2nd row center console as an option. I don't think Outlook does.

Won't get into the styling differences on the Lambdas as you can see that with your own eyes. I looked at the Mazda CX-9 and liked it, but it didn't offer the interior room of the Lambdas and coming from a minivan I wasn't willing to downsize that much. Also didn't like the fact that I had to get 20" wheels in order to get power memory seats on the CX-9.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Also, the Enclave has slightly less headroom in the 3rd row but is supposed to be much quieter than the other two vehicles.

In '08 the Acadias got a backup camera if you have navigation and added the option for the 2nd row console (as mentioned above). Those are the only two additions from '07 - '08 that I know of (I'm sure there were tons of other "undercover" additions).

·
Registered
425 Posts
I believe the storage space is a bit smaller in the very back for the Enclave vs. the Acadia due to the curves on the rear of the Enclave.

·
Registered
35 Posts
loach said:
- Starting this fall, Acadia and Enclave offer a 2nd row center console as an option. I don't think Outlook does.
The '08 Outlook absolutley offers the 2nd row console. $250 MSRP, $225 GMS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I have actually test driven all 3! I have been researching this type of car (including the Volvo xc90, Audi Q7, Toyota Highlander etc., etc.,). We need a carpool-able vehicle, and we decided on the Enclave, but I really like all three. Here are my style/feel thoughts as a soon to be carpooling mom...

1. Acadia -- If you like the looks and feel of the Tahoe and Yukon, but want a more carlike ride and better MPG - this is the one for you. More rugged than the other two, with more manly styling (which I like)...
2. Outlook -- If you like the styling of Japanese cars and like the looks of the Mazda MX, this is little more that style and ride...It is a little less truck-like than the Acadia, but not as luxurious as the Enclave
3. Enclave -- If you like a softer more luxurious car, with curves, soft lines, quiet ride, this is the one for you. It is like Lexus (but less $$) in ride -- soft, smooth (but not mushy or floaty -- it is car too big for that)...The interior leans more towards opulant whereas the Acadia is more sporty.

They all ride quite nicely, and your preference will probably fall into whether you like sporty vs. touring....The biggest difference in feel and look is betweent he Acadia and the Enclave...

Also -- Important to us was that the Enclave has a 4 year 50K warranty as opposed to the 3/36K on the other two...

Does any of that make any sense? Anyway - E-mail me if you have any more questions! Good Luck!

Lisa

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here are my notes..

GMC Acadia Exclusives
• “Heads up display” (HUD).
• Rear tailgate stereo control buttons (4)

Buick Enclave Exclusives
• QuietTuning – extra sound insulation
• Extra 12 months/12,000 miles of warranty (4 yrs/48,000)
(Note: This should equate to lower cost extended coverage?)
• Available Michelin 19 inch Latitude tires (engineered for quiet)
• Available 20 inch rims (dealer installed)
• Available “HID lights that turn with the front wheel"

Saturn Outlook Exclusives
• Option for one tailpipe (limits Outlook to 270hp vs. 275hp of siblings)
• Bose stereo not available

Intangible negatives for me.. Acadia chrome on dash can be blinding in direct sunlight. Enclave is hard to see out of back windows. Outlook stereo is not from Bose.

[UPDATE]Removed "Easy Exit" as an Enclave only feature -- it's available on all the lambda's high end package.

·
Registered
269 Posts
For me it breaks down like this:

Outlook- nope.

Acadia - best looking exterior, sporty interior, almost silent ride, HUD

Enclave - good front end/blah back end, luxury interior, silent ride, most comfort, no HUD

Acadia wins with HUD. Stupid option if you don't have it, wonderful and integral if you do.

If you gave me the Enclave interior, the Acadia exterior, and HUD, I wouldn't care if it was called the turd-o-wagon, that's what I would want.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
gbshuler said:
Easy exit is kind of unique. On all the lambdas you can get a luxury option where you can have a "1" and "2" power seating position "seat memory". Press the "1" and the seats go to what spouse 1 likes. Press the "2" and the seats (and other things?) move to a new position - the one preferred by the second person. On the Enclave you can get a third button called "easy exit". When you press Easy Exit, the seat moves all the way back so you can get out (or get in). So.. approach the car, open the door. Press "Easy Exit" and watch the seat move back so you can get in. Get in. Press "1" or "2" and you move to your comfort position
Easy exit is on the Acadia SLT-2 as well (at least it is on my 2008). Don't know about the Outlook.

·
Registered
269 Posts
One thing about the Easy Exit- I am of the opinion that the least amount of movement those seat motors do to anyone of any weight, especially those over 200#, the longer those seat motors will last. With regular memory seats, the seats get in the position from the remote unlock, and you move the seat minimally after the seat is loaded.

Also for us, my little girl sits behind the driver, and she HATES the seat moving, so having it do all it's moving before anyone is in the car is a big deal for us.

·
Registered
87 Posts
loach said:
Easy exit is on the Acadia SLT-2 as well (at least it is on my 2008). Don't know about the Outlook.
Great news! I stand corrected. This post is exactly why I am addicted to the lambda forums. I learned something today. (I posted a rant on the Enclave forum about an hour ago about how the forum has been hijacked by negative posters who are "waiting for the order" -- most of the postings now..)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
tk421 said:
loach said:
The '08 Outlook absolutley offers the 2nd row console. $250 MSRP, $225 GMS
I stand corrected then - good thing I said "think".

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Not sure it qualifies as "major" but the Outlook comes only with the "Safe&Sound" OnStar plan vs the "Directions&Connections" plan the other two get.

gbshuler said:
Great news! I stand corrected. This post is exactly why I am addicted to the lambda forums. I learned something today. (I posted a rant on the Enclave forum about an hour ago about how the forum has been hijacked by negative posters who are "waiting for the order" -- most of the postings now..)
This is completely off topic, but I'm trying to do something about that now by creating a separate board for all these posts. BTW, this forum went through a similar period back in Feb/March when Acadias were hard to come by. It will pass...

·
Registered
35 Posts
loach said:
gbshuler said:
Easy exit is kind of unique. On all the lambdas you can get a luxury option where you can have a "1" and "2" power seating position "seat memory". Press the "1" and the seats go to what spouse 1 likes. Press the "2" and the seats (and other things?) move to a new position - the one preferred by the second person. On the Enclave you can get a third button called "easy exit". When you press Easy Exit, the seat moves all the way back so you can get out (or get in). So.. approach the car, open the door. Press "Easy Exit" and watch the seat move back so you can get in. Get in. Press "1" or "2" and you move to your comfort position
Easy Exit on the Outlook XR as well with the Enhanced Convenience Package.

The only difference (that I know of) in options available between the Acadia and the Outlook is the HUD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOW!! Thanks so much for all the input! This forum is awesome and so are all the people who post on it! :cheers: I'm about 99% sure we are going with the Acadia but I wanted to find out all I could about it first. I really liked the one we drove a few weeks ago. It had the HUD and that was the neatest thing ever. I would have never considered it as a "must have" option but now that's I've tried it out, I'm sold!

Does anyone know what the "real-time" availability is for the 2nd row console? Most of the things I've read say August 2007 but I know that date isn't set in stone. I'd like to have the extra storage space for the kids things in that console.

Thanks again for the feedback!

·
Registered
48 Posts
The rear cargo area volume in the Enclave is smaller due to the more curved roofline. Inside floor area is the same. But the rear hatch opening is not as wide. You cannot load a sheet of plywood flat due to the narrower hatch width.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure it qualifies as "major" but the Outlook comes only with the "Safe&Sound" OnStar plan vs the "Directions&Connections" plan the other two get.

The Outlook does have the "Turn-by-turn" OnStar plan. Is that what you mean by Directions and Connections?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
logbite- yes, that's what I mean. When did that change? That wasn't the case a few months ago. In fact, I just checked saturn.com and the website still reports that the Outlook gets only the Safe & Sound plan...?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts