GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the ONE most important reason for deciding on the Acadia?

For me (I know it's shallow) it's the looks. ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
space...2 young kids, 2 big dogs and all the accoutrements that come with them.

This is the estate wagon of our generation!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I traded in an 03 Z71 Suburban for the Acadia. For me it was a combination of needing better fuel mileage and needing the same amout of sitting area for the family. Oh... The looks didnt hurt anything either.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Seating.

But since there were many other SUVs with the same seating, it was all the other things (price, features, space, etc) that whittled it down to the Acadia.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I agree with SEL, the main reason was SPACE. Seating for 7, plus there's still room behind the 3rd row for stuff. But styling, pricing, fuel economy, features, and American made all factored into the decision.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Space and the way it drives. I wanted something that could hold my kids and their friends, but have always driven a sedan. I wanted something that didn't drive like a huge SUV or feel big. I wish the Acadia had been around before I bought the black lemon! Could have saved a few $$$.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Space was the major reason, even though with only 1 14 month old, we were finding it was hard to pack everything for the weekend trips to the lake all summer. The reason we chose the Acadia over others was, 1st of all space, second styling and then towing/handling. Also having a supplier discount helped sway us over Toyota/Honda and fuel economy over a full size Yukon.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Because it was the biggest crossover out there. We wanted minivan-like space in an AWD crossover. Most other CUVs have a 3rd row that's a joke and "cargo space" behind the 3rd row that's even a bigger joke. The Mazda CX-9 was the next closest but doesn't measure up to the spaciousness of the Acadia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll throw in my vote for cargo/passenger space. We have a 9 month old and needed more cargo space for traveling to visit family (~800 mile round trip made 5-6 times per year) than our Grand Prix offered. Plus, it gets decent gas mileage for it's size...about the same as most mini-vans, which was not an option for us (my wife and I both hate them).

·
Registered
370 Posts
There wasn't just one main reason, it was a combination of what Acadia has to offer over the competition.

Space, plenty of elbow room...only 1" less interior room than a Tahoe, but doesn't feel like driving a big SUV.

Style, SHARP on the outside and IMP GM outdid themselves on the interior styling. I get more comments on the "cockpit" feel more than anything else. Other CUV/SUVs felt "cheap" on the inside.

Price, more extras for the $$ over other brands.

Ride...tested the Acura (felt every little bump in the road) and Highlander (soft/floaty feeling), Explorer (uhg, we get a family discount..but uhg...stiff ride, poor visibility out the front windshield, gas mileage), Jeep Cherokee (felt cheap, flimsy...not solid).

Consumer Reports recommended.

American made was an added bonus! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
What is the ONE most important reason for deciding on the Acadia?

For me (I know it's shallow) it's the looks. ;)
Maybe it’s a Chicago thing then because that’s exactly why I purchased it. I caught a glimpse of it in a commercial on TV and knew I had to have one. I don’t necessarily need all that space, though it is very nice to have. I just think the Acadia is one sharp-looking vehicle. Why would anyone want to drive a vehicle that makes other people go “What the hell were they thinking when they bought THAT?!” There are actually some cars/trucks on the road that make me think exactly that. LOL I’m all shallow like that. ::)

·
Registered
31 Posts
The size and the MPG :mad:.......... but after my road trip i'm thinking I should have maybe purchased a true SUV

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I buy my cars from my GMC/Pontiac/Buick dealer. When I went in to get a new minivan with 8 passenger capability like my Montana had, I was told GM did not do minivans any longer, but they have the Acadia instead. After looking at it, we looked no further. The funny thing is that if GM had still been selling minivans, I would probably be in that today and not the Acadia.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We do a lot of snowboarding in the winter so we need to be able to load all our gear and the kids and be comfortable. Nine trips this winter and the Acadia has done everything we wanted.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Need space. Other SUVS I looked at like the Equinox were really just a 4 door car without a trunk. Not needing the giant Navigator type either. Its GM, so I know I can rely on it. It gets better gas mileage than the competitors and I could get a discount with my GM card points. I also liked the interior as well as the similar style Mercedes and Lexus.

·
Registered
31 Posts
vegas365 said:
We do a lot of snowboarding in the winter so we need to be able to load all our gear and the kids and be comfortable. Nine trips this winter and the Acadia has done everything we wanted.
I'm lucky to go once a year. I envy those of you that have access to the slopes, I've always lived no where near things I've always wanted to do (snowboard/ski & surf - have yet to do this). :'(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well my reason for going to the Acadia was totaling my G6 GTP coupe. I looked at every SUV out there and honestly this is tho only SUV that wasn't ugly. It has a motor that I swear by. Tranny to match. Had the same motor tranny in my G6. The Acadia is refined yet still rugged. It is def a family ride but I don't feel like a soccer mom when I drive around. I have loved the Acadia since the first time I saw it. I have been pushing my GF to get one as her next car. But I beat her to it.lol. I will be adding many mods to this as that is just what I do. First thing will be a full system. I am doing a pait of JL Audio W6v2 12"s on a Jl 1000/1 and some componets. Not sure which yet. I am doing an Avic-d3 with all the supporting additions with a flip fown 14+ DEI screen in the back. With the new Viper alarm to keep the honest people honest. After that I will start on the outside with a grill and some rims. Window tint will also be 15% all around. I know it illegal but I hate gawkers and hate people knowing what I have in my car as they walk by. I may look into some small performance mods but I am not going too crazy with this car. Oh I am a moderator on g6performance.com but this will prob be my new home for the most part.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Deciding factor was SPACE.

I whittled my choices down to the Highlander Hybrid vs Acadia. Acadia won hands down because you can seat ADULTS in the 3rd row and there is much more cargo room behind the 3rd row. The better gas mileage in the Hybrid (10-12 MPG more) was not significant because we drive the Acadia less than 8K/year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
SPACE, Usable 3rd row with a 2nd Row Bench option.

Anything else was not in the running.

Not a Minivan.

Not a gas guzzler (we almost purchased an Armada at 12/16MPG -- they were throwing
a lot of bonus cash in) -- but we walked away.

Our first choice was a CX-9 before we hit the streets looking and driving.

Veracruz faired well -- but Lamdas are front runners as of now.

'09 in April.

m

1 - 20 of 42 Posts