GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GMC dealer didn't have a red Acadia but is getting it from another dealer so I can get it in a few days. It is an AWD SLT1 that has an MSRP of $37,795. They are using supplier pricing, minus rebates, minus lease loyalty rebates and my 1,000 GM card points. I am getting a 36 month lease with 10K per year for $496 a month with no money down.

Seem like a decent deal?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Mikeb33 said:
My GMC dealer didn't have a red Acadia but is getting it from another dealer so I can get it in a few days. It is an AWD SLT1 that has an MSRP of $37,795. They are using supplier pricing, minus rebates, minus lease loyalty rebates and my 1,000 GM card points. I am getting a 36 month lease with 10K per year for $496 a month with no money down.

Seem like a decent deal?
Can you keep it under the miles? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am turning in a 2005 Yukon with 27K and I was allowed 36K so I felt like money was lost there.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Wish I drove that only 10k miles a year, make life so much easier.

I have not heard about the lease loyalty incentive, how much is the incentive and what area of the country do you live in?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the guy called me up and said he made a mistake on the amount of rebate. He figured on $3,500 off, but it is only $2,500 so my $496 went up to $537. I told him I would think on it. Kind of surprised he hasn't followed up.
I have the deal in writing, but I suppose I can't force them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey SEL,

Check here for the loyalty rebate info:

http://www.gmc.com/currentoffers/in...tail&cmp=GMC_HomepageTile_OwnerLoyalty_Offers

From the GMC site:

"Current GM owners and lessees with model year 1999 or newer get:
$4,000 Total Cash Back or $1,000 Lease Loyalty Cash on '08 Sierra and Yukon (excludes Yukon hybrid).*
$3,500 Total Cash Back or $750 Lease Loyalty Cash on '08 Envoy.*
$1,500 Total Cash Back or $500 Lease Loyalty Cash on '08 Canyon Regular Cab and $1,000 Purchase Loyalty Cash or $500 Lease Loyalty Cash on Canyon Extended Cab and Crew Cab.*
$1,500 Total Cash Back or $500 Lease Loyalty Cash on '08 Acadia.* [/color]

See your dealer for details.

*Not compatible with some other offers. Take delivery by 5/21/08. See dealer for details."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, so there is only $500 loyalty cash and my $1,000 GM card earnings.
I just spoke to him and he is writing it up for $34,900, down from a MSRP of $37,795. Minus the $1,500 and $500 cash down makes a payment of $511. Seems like a decent deal. I said OK, let's do it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I use the rule of thumb that for every "change" they make due to an "oversight", equals an additional change due to an "oversight" on my part. I would have wrangled for the mileage to be bumped up 5k for that payment jump. but it still seems like a decent deal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mikeb33 said:
Well the guy called me up and said he made a mistake on the amount of rebate. He figured on $3,500 off, but it is only $2,500 so my $496 went up to $537. I told him I would think on it. Kind of surprised he hasn't followed up.
I have the deal in writing, but I suppose I can't force them.
Is that a binding contract? You might be able to use it as negotiation.

m

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Made a deal today..... good deal? UPDATED!

Update! The dealer is about 12 miles from my house and the Red Acadia they located is about 30 miles away. Anyway, like I said, they made me a lease offer of $496/mo w/10K and 0 down. At the time he thought there would $3,500 in rebates and bonus cash. Turns out it is only $1,500 so after some fighting, the payment goes to $511 with $500 down.
Now here is the new part: He says the car is not available anymore. So I search the inventory on the web and find another almost identical one about 30 miles the other way. He tells me it is sold too. I tell them to forget it and have a nice day.
I stopped in at the GMC dealer 2 miles from home and tell them my story. They do a locate and the original Acadia is still available and they are getting it for me tomorrow and the payment will be $510 for 36 or $495 for 39. Only 1 payment down and doc and license plates(about $740).
On both deals, the dealer began by offering my about $625 a month, so I shaved $100 by bargaining and negotiating.

By now I will only believe it when I am driving home, but it sounds good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Made a deal today..... good deal? UPDATE!

JUST GOT HOME! $495/month 39 months 32500 miles allowed. $788 out of pocket: $495 1st, $150 DOC fee :'( and title and new plates.
MSRP is $37,795

Bright red Acadia in the garage...WOO HOO!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats and enjoy your ride as we enjoy ours :cheers:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Congratulations!!! Enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Congratulations! Love that color...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Liquid Silver - thanks for the heads up, I checked my zip code (19709) and all I am eligible for is the $500 conquest cash (for leasing). I guess the Acadia is selling well in my region.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts