GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about 1,000 miles, I noticed the lumbar support giving away after I adjusted it. Then it finally stopped working altogether. Well, today at 1500 miles, went to turn the lever and it broke off in my hand. HMMMM. I really do hope this is not a sign of things to come.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have noticed that mine seems to push out and then slowly goes back in but the handle is still in the same position. I thought maybe it was because I am a big person 6'5" and 260. I am going to have them check it on next visit.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I too have noticed this. I position the handle in the full up position and after some time it I suddenly notice I don't feel as much support and then find the handle in the middle position. Hardly think I bumped it as I would have noticed that, but have been shrugging my shoulders. Good to see others having problems too, thought it was just me.

My thought process thinks that the handle should have been the other way around...push down to fill up the lumbar, up to release...perhaps this would be the fix as the handle currently seems to want to fall too easily, or can't handle the additonal pressures put forth by the weight of a person. However I am only 160lbs...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Along this same line, maybe one of the techs can answer. Is it possible to change the seat to power lumbar. As a person with major problems this would be a great improvement over the manual lumbar. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was on a trip to Laredo, went to adjust mine, and the handle broke off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a problem with my lumbar support as well. I would adjust it and it would immediatley spring back to nothing. One of the many reasons I dumped my Acadia.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mine stays adjusted properly, no problem. I got mine in late May.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Same here i got mine in april and no problems it stays where i adjust it, i am 6'0 and 225 pounds. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My lumbar support handle also came out of where it was supposed to be. The handle is sitll in the side of the seat, but I can not adjust it. Have not taken it in to the dealer yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My lumbar support does not stay in place as well.
It was fine the first couple of times I adjusted it, but after a short time I could feel it getting looser and looser, it is now useless.

Would like to hear from anyone who has asked their dealer about this, and any possible solution.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mine is on the list of many items on an early production Acadia to "adjust". It does not seem to work at all anymore, compared to my Crown Victoria lumbar adjustment it is a POS. :angryfire:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am assuming this is because you all do not have the SLT2. You are really missing out, as it has the BEST lumbar support I have ever felt. I have a lower back that hates driving, but I have had no discomfort at all with the way I can perfectly adjust my lumbar support right where I need it. Never skimp on comfort.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well, it is electric. Not sure how it works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had mine replaced, and the first time I used it, it broke again.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I was curious so I tried it...it does not hold it's position. It pushes back even with light pressure.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine stopped working yesterday after 5000 miles...I'm bummed. Dealer trip time! :help:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Over 7 months and 7300 miles, mine has worked flawlessly since the original adjustment.

I'm 6' 7" and "top heavy". Seat and lumbar support have handled the stress with no problems.

Jim

1 - 20 of 67 Posts