GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 2021 Acadia Denali last week. Drives great and love the feel overall, but the Lumbar support in the driver's seat digs into my back and there's no way to put it all the way down. It's incredibly uncomfortable as no matter where I place it, it feels like metal rods just digging into my back in what is an otherwise cushy front seat. Any help with this issue? Shouldn't I be able to move the lumbar all the way down so I can't feel it?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I'd start by going back to your dealer and sitting in another 2021 Denali. Just to ensure it's your seat...

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
AFAIK, adjustable lumbar support isn't designed to move up and down. It's made to move in/out and conform to the curve of the driver's lower spine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AFAIK, adjustable lumbar support isn't designed to move up and down. It's made to move in/out and conform to the curve of the driver's lower spine.
Well.. Mine moves up and down the middle of the seat with no way to totally remove it. I don't understand or see how that would be comfortable for any person in any position. Doesn't provide any support just feels like a long metal rod sticking out of the seat and digging into my back.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Well.. Mine moves up and down the middle of the seat with no way to totally remove it. I don't understand or see how that would be comfortable for any person in any position. Doesn't provide any support just feels like a long metal rod sticking out of the seat and digging into my back.
Seems like someone may not have assembled the seat correctly. Let us know what the dealer's service department does to rectify the situation.

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I had assumed by down you meant in... if it's only moving up and down, then there's probably a metal rod sticking in your back. ;)
Dealer visit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts