GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to adjust/slide the cross bars. dealer installed them and now i need to install my box. i can't figure it out. thx for your help

·
Registered
524 Posts
There is a thumb screw that has a hole in it on each side of each cross bar. Just unloosen that and slide the bars.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Each rail end has two screws. The outside thumb screw and a screw underneath the rail end cover. The thumb screws should loosen to allow you to move the rails. BUT if the screws underneath the rail cover are on too tight, (they're not suppose to be) then no matter how loose the thumb screws are, the rails are hard to move. When I initially installed my rails, I made these too tight. Sorry no pics of this.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Rufio said:
Each rail end has two screws. The outside thumb screw and a screw underneath the rail end cover. The thumb screws should loosen to allow you to move the rails. BUT if the screws underneath the rail cover are on too tight, (they're not suppose to be) then no matter how loose the thumb screws are, the rails are hard to move. When I initially installed my rails, I made these too tight. Sorry no pics of this.
Yeah I remember that now. You need the Allen wrench to loosen the fronts if they are too tight the thumbscrews won't help. Leave the allen's a little looser so you can adjust easier.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the luggage rack cross rails are GMC parts and what the part # is. The salesman I have been working with has told me that cross rails will not be available until later this year. He said that any that are being installed or purchased by others would have to be through an after market source. Please enlighten me or help me to enlighten him. Thanks

·
Registered
752 Posts
don't know what your guy is talking about. Mine were ordered and delivered through the dealer. The part number is 19159066 for the roof rack cross rails and was ordered through the GM service parts operations.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I got mine for free cause my dealer had overcharged me for the steprail. I think they wanted about $150. However, I did a quick check on gmpartsdirect and gmpartshouse and couldn't get any listing for the cross rails, so maybe your dealer is correct and they are not available for a while. which is kinda weird :-\

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was also interested in the GM cross bars but I was quoted $189 for them from the dealer. I spent $4 on a couple 2x2's I cut to about 5 feet. This is all I need to load plywood or carry a canoe (so far I haven't used them but $189 is ridiculous since the GM bars for a Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon are $45!)

What do the Yakima or Thule bars cost? Are they a direct fit?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yakima is selling a system for $180.90 - this is a complete system with cross bars and the Universal Mounting Bracket (and free locks for limited time) at ORSracksdirect.com - this is a sale price, normally $201. They sell a similar Thule system but that sale proce is over $200 (without the locks). I imagine the rotate their specials every month between the 2 companies products. I just purchased a Yakima Skybox 18 for our Suburban and I am hoping I can get it on the Acadia, it will be long, probably overhang the front windshield but I need to get something that would hold 200M ski's and carry a good load of other stuff (potty seats, strollers, portable cribs... ;D).

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Got mine as part of the "deal", no chaaaggg. :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
That $45.00 price for the Tahoe/Suburban Cross Rails seems to cheap. I spent about $150 for my '04 Yukon cross rails from the dealer. I am now ready to put them up for sale on Ebay. Im planning on using that movey to put toward my Acadia rails. I was hoping for more that $45.00. :-[

·
Registered
395 Posts
They may be more at the parts counter but if you order them with the car, they are...

Roof Rack Cross Rails (Mfr Code V1K) $37 (invoice)/$45 (MSRP)

As far as I know, there is no option to order them with the car on an Acadia.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts